OSBot Multisig for BTC transactions?

ez11

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Multisignature

Would amazing for the marketplace since it removes the need for MM when you are paying with BTC.

There would be literally no reason to/sell GP without multisig, which would make OSBot pretty much the best market to trade GP.

Currently you have to either trust the person you are trading with or get a MM and hope that he doesnt scam you, sure you can pick a scripter who makes a lot more money from selling scripts but since every guy who has completed 3 firecapes also opens up a MM service its just a big risk for the market.

Maybe make multisig payments VIP only to cover expenses to add/maintain multisig

Opinions?

edit:

biggest question would be how easy is it to add such a system to OSBot? does anyone here know how much effort it takes to add it?

Edited by ez11

Just now, justmeandi said:

or people can use an actually trusted MM by using their brains a little bit and finding one?

there were MMs that i personally wouldnt trust that were CBA and got referrals from mods.

Having random people MM BTC trades is simply a unnecessary risk when you could have a system that has OSBot as MM, and Mods only have to get involved when a dispute happen in which case they would have to get involved anyways.

1 minute ago, Reeeeecode said:

There are feedback requirements for regular middlemen now. Most of middlemen we approve are generally very trustable. 

Its simply a unnecessary risk. 

IF it is possible to easily add a multisig system to OSBot it would be amazing, since noone could run away with the money on its own, which can always happen when using MMs

Just now, mercylad said:

Could see this working on RSGP selling website 

But then you just trust the site you are buying from to not scam you? 

The point of multisig is to have a 3rd party that should be unbiased.

3 minutes ago, ez11 said:

there were MMs that i personally wouldnt trust that were CBA and got referrals from mods.

Having random people MM BTC trades is simply a unnecessary risk when you could have a system that has OSBot as MM, and Mods only have to get involved when a dispute happen in which case they would have to get involved anyways.

Just by looking at the MM section it seems all of those are very trustworthy people and if people choose to use a MM that isn't "verified" out side of the actual section then i guess it falls on them.

But nice point i guess, can't really give a good resolution as i'm new here so never actually done a btc trade in here

4 minutes ago, ez11 said:

But then you just trust the site you are buying from to not scam you? 

The point of multisig is to have a 3rd party that should be unbiased.

I thought the point was so your workers can't make payments through your bitcoins accounts without your approval? Or did I misread that.

Just now, Reeeeecode said:

To my understanding this is solely for BTC transactions right? They aren't "that common" here anyways. 

yes its a system to sent BTC where you need 2 out of 3 people involved in the transaction to approve it, meaning noone can run with the money alone.

Sure gp selling is maybe not that common here right now but if such a system would be added, why would anyone trade gp elsewhere?

Would attract new people since even if OSBot (only really "trustable" mods who have access to payment details should have access to the multisig system) "scamquits" they wouldnt be able to take the money. So pretty much the only realistic scenario where a scam could happen would be when a Mod scamquits and has a partner sell stuff via multisig and then gives his partner the money. 

4 minutes ago, mercylad said:

I thought the point was so your workers can't make payments through your bitcoins accounts without your approval? Or did I misread that.

It can also be used to create a MM system that has next to no chance of a scam happening

25 minutes ago, ez11 said:

yes its a system to sent BTC where you need 2 out of 3 people involved in the transaction to approve it, meaning noone can run with the money alone.

Sure gp selling is maybe not that common here right now but if such a system would be added, why would anyone trade gp elsewhere?

Would attract new people since even if OSBot (only really "trustable" mods who have access to payment details should have access to the multisig system) "scamquits" they wouldnt be able to take the money. So pretty much the only realistic scenario where a scam could happen would be when a Mod scamquits and has a partner sell stuff via multisig and then gives his partner the money. 

It can also be used to create a MM system that has next to no chance of a scam happening

Keen to see how it works :)