Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

The sad thing is this still wont reduce the amount of cancerous posts with people complaining about mirror mode and how their precious pure got banned.

Live and learn.

Also the antiban stuff? Just gonna leave this here... @dmmslaver

Good guide though :doge: will be great for new comers who want a rough idea and workaround on bans and gold farming. 

image.gif?w=400&c=1

Edited by Void

6 hours ago, Alek said:

It isn't April first. 

It's all random as fuck, I have a main with 1750+ total 112 combat 2 99s and every skill botted. The account being 10h+ online a day which still hasn't gotten one single ban. On the other side I got my babypure banned 2 days ago which I had like 600 total lvl on and 80 questpoints. My mistake was the day it got banned I botted it 10 hours with 2 breaks inbetween tho.

• Like 2

Interesting, although, most of this i was already aware of.

The main problem i see with bots is just simply said: everyone has their own style of 'playing' runescape and bots cannot 'replicate' somebodies playstyle.

Let's say you did mining from 1-50 (and you probably have had your mouse in all places on the screen, turned the screen, made clicks, took pauzes and got exhausted, making you do less and less of said things) now, starting from 50 to let's say 99, you start botting, problem there? your whole pattern of doing things 'change', it's like you said alek, it isn't 1994 anymore, and the simple 'change' in behaviour that throws around your playstyle to something else, will ring a bell.

I've been in the GTA V scene, and remember the first time i used a mod menu there, it got me banned the first time, so things not to do became very clear quickly, then started my own mod menu, and that's where you get to see and learn that making any type of cheat cannot be turned into a completely undetected something, and the same is true for every type of automatic bot/macro, cheat or mod menu's you can use online, we had to change our methods up alot, and the first wave of being able to use the same method was the longest period, that being the 'scripthook' method, stayed undetected for a few patches untill the ban hammers started to fall quicker and quicker onto everyone who used it, or yes, those who did use it for even only 10 minutes. That's when the entire thing started to get detected more quickly, up untill now where almost all 'Free and paid' mod menu's can be detected in a matter of minutes and a ban is assured regardless of how you get the menu to work in the game.

Runescape is a different thing, but, staying unbanned and undetected is a lie, many game companies invoke the 'delayed ban' method, and GTA V was no exception to this.

The Main problem? Public free and paid scripts for runescape are the first to fall, and the main cause of everything being detectable. The more things poeple can see and use, the more info you feed unknowningly to jagex and other online game companies.

The second problem: The method used to make bots and cheats work.

Client not working? doesn't mean the client is detected, it simply means the way of injecting and/or hooking the 'code' required to make scripts work is bypassed, or that other things have 'changed'.

GTA V mod menu's same story, reason why we got banned from the game from using mod menu's online was purely unfair advantages, and the actuall nuke on the 'method' used (scripthook and natives) followed many patches after the banhammers fell.

So @Alek this is a good guide to actually make poeple aware. ;) (or those who care to read it)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Sysm said:

cant tell if this is serious or not..

It is, @Sysm, the most simple thing is to try and figure how they detect poeple using autoclickers and AHK scripts, while both those method don't use any type of reflection/injection, they are the easiest thing to detect.

And why is very simple, but both do the 'same thing' essentially, But the main concern as of why Alek says none of those anti-patterns and anti-bans don't make sense, is really simple, maybe it just helps 'delaying a ban' further, but more then that it won't do, go back in time when the 'bot nuke' happened, still remember seeing the numbers dropping from around 180k to 200k poeple playing all the way down to 65k-80k, that's the reason why OSBuddy is what it is today aswell, and why 'botting' is much faster detected. (of course, for farmers it won't matter, but this is more aimed at regular poeple)

@Alek, when I saw the first few sentences of the post calling this technical, I was excited. However, it still leaves me wanting for more. I find the technical aspect of running a client such as OSBot fascinating, and would love if you were to include more details about engine functionality and how OSBot works with it.

As far as the faux antiban you mentioned earlier goes, the only reason it would be helpful is if the client itself recorded such actions and sent them over to the server. I'm assuming since you make fun of this kind of antiban, no such reporting mechanism exists. However, what if something like that was added in the future in the client? Wouldn't it require all scripts to be updated, or some kind of mechanism in the OSBot client to randomize the timestamps that actions were executed? In your opinion, is this something Jagex might do?

As far as reverse engineering and game hacking goes, my knowledge is very limited, pls no roast. Reading section 5 of your post, you mention injection vs reading memory. Is it safe to assume that because of Java's limited low-level calling abilities, that there is very little difference between being able to detect client modification from the client itself? I'd imagine in an unmanaged language such as C and C++, doing things like computing function checksums, checking for interrupts, etc  is a lot easier to do than in a Java client. Do you know if any such integrity-checking mechanism exists inside the OSRS client, either via JNI or a pure Java implementation?

Edited by Zapako

On 6/18/2017 at 6:28 PM, Alek said:

these “special” (aka worthless) methods are:

-Moving your mouse randomly
-Checking your exp
-Examining random objects
-Moving your camera angle randomly
-Implementing “fatigue” systems

@Alek can you prove that these are worthless?  It sounds like that you know that you can't compete with these bot's and that's why you are saying this.
I hope I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Butta said:

classic dumb user. how does this prove that other clients are wrong?

How does it prove that other clients are right? 

Like I mentioned in the original post, it's not a couple of brothers hanging out making their first Unity game on personal edition. This game has been botted and reversed for a very long time; I'd throw myself off of a bridge if the company was completely clueless about these "methods".

As far as "helping delay it - even just by very little", is very wishful thinking. As with @IDontEvenBot, all I personally do is move mouse off screen. I'm not saying that's the cure-all that will save your 100 bot mega farm, nor am I saying if that has any impact at all.

Use this information as you want, most botters want quick stats and quick money which is a great trap for catching bots. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alek said:

How does it prove that other clients are right? 

Like I mentioned in the original post, it's not a couple of brothers hanging out making their first Unity game on personal edition. This game has been botted and reversed for a very long time; I'd throw myself off of a bridge if the company was completely clueless about these "methods".

As far as "helping delay it - even just by very little", is very wishful thinking. As with @IDontEvenBot, all I personally do is move mouse off screen. I'm not saying that's the cure-all that will save your 100 bot mega farm, nor am I saying if that has any impact at all.

Use this information as you want, most botters want quick stats and quick money which is a great trap for catching bots. 

well if you can't prove them wrong , you can't assume that you are correct.