Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

On 3/9/2018 at 6:48 PM, MaxDimsha said:

What about from the perspective of someone who's trying to run a bot farm (trying to avoid losing multiple accounts from an IP ban), not so much just casually playing a single account. I guess I was trying to ask if there's anything in particular about using a VPN that would make a bot more noticeable than just using your own IP address for potentially several accounts. I really do not know what kind of data Jagex receives, nevertheless what they actually look at to make ban decisions but I feel like seeing a large amount of hours played coming from one IP could be an easy giveaway? Appreciate your help!

How often do you play multiple games of csgo at the same time under the same vpn? Unless of course you are only playing on one account under a vpn, and nobody else is using that vpn - in which case you’re spending a lot of money

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 11:38 PM, Alek said:

How often do you play multiple games of csgo at the same time under the same vpn? Unless of course you are only playing on one account under a vpn, and nobody else is using that vpn - in which case you’re spending a lot of money

Plenty of people use vpns for daily practical reasons, and as for multiple users on the same IP, tons of people hang out in real life together and play games, so seeing multiple clients on runescape from the same IP is not any sort of anomaly at all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 12:28 PM, Alek said:

-Don’t use a VPN/VPS/proxy
-Don’t bot more than one account

If I am trying to start a goldfarm and I have some private proxies, should I create the accounts on my home IP then only use them on the proxies? And why I shouldn't use proxies is it better to only work with my home IP? This goldfarm is intended for high stats hence I will bot carefully

On 7/22/2017 at 12:24 AM, China Doll said:

I use a paid VPN $12.99/Month which is a new ip hourly in certain states - I also flush my ipconfig via CMD which isnt much help but probably helps just something I always do hourly.

There is really no wrong and right way to bot it's just how safe you make it, I make my bot patterns realistic making it regular breaks for a human like time.

ALSO: when I make a new account with the VPN i make sure the email account, runescape account creation is all made on the VPN IP not my home IP.

Mirror client I only run 1 bot, as I said breaks are human like - I think the problem is when people bot they bot for an unhuman like time-frame so it looks obvious.

PLAY SMART, BOT SMART LADS.

You use residential proxies or just private? also you should use alias system on hotmail

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 5:28 PM, Alek said:

2. How to not get banned
The secret formula to botting is keeping a very, very, low profile. This game has been around for 15+ years, that is a TON of data to play with. Generally speaking:

-Don’t bot more than 4 hours per day
-Don’t bot more than 10 hours per week

This might sound stupid, but do you think that it stands to reason that the more you bot on an account the less you should play on it legit (during the same day)? For example if you bot for 4 hours from 10am-12am and 3pm-5pm, would it be a bad idea to play legit on the account from 8pm-12pm? My reasoning is that having a total playtime of 8 hours for the whole day might get the account flagged, hence the more you bot on the account the less you should play on it legit? 

Obviously a simple solution would just be to bot for ~4 hours for 2-3 days/week and then play legit on any of the other days. I'm just curious on people's opinion on the matter 

• 2 weeks later...

Newcomer to OSBot but I mostly enjoy tinkering with the ban system rather than running a super efficient bot right now,

Here's a few of my findings (while running other bots):

1. There's a definite correlation of botting efficiency to ban rate. I've ran another bot (not sure if saying names is allowed so I'll skip) with two WC scripts. One randomly bugged out at around 5-8 inventories of wood and I had to relog/rerun the script. Botted for over 3 days consistently (as long as I could, so about 8-10h), no ban.

Ran another script which was nearly 100% efficient (no bugging out, constantly clicking trees correctly etc) - banned in ~8h. So there are some possible antiban measures. I doubt XP checking has anything to do it with it, rather pauses or missing the clicks is closer to the truth probably.

Of course, it was all on the same account so the data is muddled but it seems reasonable.

2. It seems reasonable to assume that new accounts are targeted more often.

3. Switching tasks helps. One, it's clearly more human - how many of us could realistically cut the same trees, go to the same bank and come back for over 8h? I doubt many of us have that resilience to keep trudging through. Switching to fishing from WC to mining helped delay bans on some bots.

4. It seems to me that camera movements are client-sided? I highly doubt Jagex would receive info on camera positions from the client. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, just dedicating needless resources on Jagex servers.

5. Human clicks as proposed by other bots seem to not decrease ban frequency. I would guess that an antiban system maps movement in a general area rather than concrete positions.

6. Task complexity is related to ban avoidance. Some people have mentioned botting Zulrah successfully which is quite a bit more complex than WC'ing Oaks for hours on end. Again this would follow from 5 as the mapped general area would be considerably larger.

7. Other bot forums say that botting Tutorial Island increases ban frequencies. Not sure what to make of it.

Good luck,

Going to keep tinkering with the systems. Not sure how effective OSBot will be.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 5:33 AM, Avathacis said:

4. It seems to me that camera movements are client-sided? I highly doubt Jagex would receive info on camera positions from the client. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, just dedicating needless resources on Jagex servers.

Following up on this, it seems that mouse movement is also client-side, the data is only sent to server when some click action occurs

• 4 weeks later...

i used macro cutter to bot my wcing up to 99 i used to bot for 8-10 hours a night with break times enabled to break for about 15-20mins and stop every hour and enabled random break times i did this for a month solid and a year later im still not banned starting on fishing botting now and will take all notes into account also the time i spent botting i was also chatting in game from time to time, and talking in cc which probably helped me not to get banned

Edited by FkAndy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I only want to bot runecrafting to 86, is there a high chance of getting it banned? I used to bot years ago before EoC and everything in Old school is legit work, I only have runecrafting on my mind to bot but am worried I'd get banned and lose all my work. I plan to bot while studying or watching shows so I have an eye on it, any tips or advice to ease my paranoia since I never got banned so I can't imagine the feeling of losing so many years of work. Thanks in advance!