Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

On 4/27/2019 at 4:19 PM, bexxe said:

If you're not IP flagged or multi-goldfarming, a VPN doesn't seem to benefit your ban rate? I can understand your way of thinking that a VPN is useful when gold farming or mass botting

So if you're occasionally botting on one account VPN wouldn't make a difference at all? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, ChinaNumbaWon said:

I disagree with a lot of what’s said here. In my experience, I have botted 10 hours a day for 3 ish weeks successfully before I stopped. I think it has a lot more to do with how your script works and also the client it uses.

this may have been the case a few years ago, but I have to admit a lot of what has been stated by OP is probably the closest thing any botting community could use to prevent bans.

your personal experience also doesn't match with what thousands of others report, meaning the odds are against you, I see it very unlikely that you managed to bot 10hours a day for 3 weeks any time recently.

37 minutes ago, Affray said:

this may have been the case a few years ago, but I have to admit a lot of what has been stated by OP is probably the closest thing any botting community could use to prevent bans.

your personal experience also doesn't match with what thousands of others report, meaning the odds are against you, I see it very unlikely that you managed to bot 10hours a day for 3 weeks any time recently.

I actually just experienced this.  Although I was doing 8 hours a day instead of 10.  One of my accounts just got a 2day temp ban after botting for 8'ish hours a day for exactly 3 weeks lol.  On that account I botted nearly every stat to at least 50 (some in 60s/70s including hunter) with the exception of slayer and RC.  The account was 100% botted including quests. What I think triggerd it was either botting from 45-50 agility (1-45 was gained from quests and barb fishing) or slayer, I noticed the slayer bot do a few odd things a couple of times.

I played mirrored mode only and use a US residential IP and only use paid/premium scripts.

10 hours ago, Botthestrange said:

I actually just experienced this.  Although I was doing 8 hours a day instead of 10.  One of my accounts just got a 2day temp ban after botting for 8'ish hours a day for exactly 3 weeks lol.  On that account I botted nearly every stat to at least 50 (some in 60s/70s including hunter) with the exception of slayer and RC.  The account was 100% botted including quests. What I think triggerd it was either botting from 45-50 agility (1-45 was gained from quests and barb fishing) or slayer, I noticed the slayer bot do a few odd things a couple of times.

I played mirrored mode only and use a US residential IP and only use paid/premium scripts.

Don't get me wrong, I have been able to pull of some mad accounts before, made a 90/90/90/90 main with 100qp being 100% botted lasted a few months and did easily 7-8 hours a day, but I feel like something like this is EVEN MORE unlikely now than it ever has been

I think account age plays a huge role, my account is 15 years old and thus highly unlikely to get banned compared to a new pure account as we've seen many times in the past.

And the other thing is your behavior, for example:

I went to jellies for my slayer task, killed a few and decided they are annoying as **** because passive and switched client to OSbot and booted up a script.
Suddenly I went from killing jellies 80% of the time to 100% of the time + client switch. If I would get flagged this would mean the end of my account probably

How long you bot shouldn't really matter unless it's different from what you do normally. If you normally do agility for 30 minutes each time and then suddenly do agility for 6 hours without any breaks you'll get flagged lol

Also I would never use a VPN, unless you used that VPN from the start of your account creation. If you were playing from Florida for a year and then suddenly playing in russia something's wrong :)

What bothers me is that they need to be 100% sure someone is botting before they can ban them, does the server save footage? mouse coordinates? gameplay behavior?
Also when does someone get a 12 hour ban? 2 day ban? permaban? How many times they got flagged in last x days?

Edited by Hugo Vogels

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 2:48 PM, melomel said:

Back in the day I used to get like 30 hour proggies at soul wars lol.

Holy shit brother i was about to say the same..i ran that 24/7 and never got a ban..still got the account maxed combat on rs3 along with other botted 99's..

I remember leaving Sorc Garden bot running for days 😂😂😂😂 ..Good times.

For botting on OSRS what's been working for me (3 months with no bans and 8rs botting sessions regularly) is botting the skill as early as possible. I've read somewhere that jagex can analyse your playing behaviour / pattern and flag your account accordingly.

Ex: I started cannoning ogres since level 40ish and botted it on 2 accounts to over 90 leaving overnight most of the times 8+ hrs. If i had legit leveled it on Ogres with cannon to say level 80 doing irregular play cycles and breaks etc etc and then botted 10 levels of straight botting i'm sure i'd get a ban or something, if y'all know what i mean.

I've also botted sand crabs to over 90 stats on several accounts with the same method. Bot as soon as you can and try to keep it the same way each time. I think that's the key to not get flagged by their automatic system.

Good luck to all.