Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

On 1/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, jamal004 said:

10 hours a week :o

Challenge accepted.

Challange Completed. @Aleks advice actually comes a long way with the way botting is nowadays.

Back in the day  I remember being able to bot for hours on end, and suicide was always writing yourself a death note to Jagex.

This being said, I botted on my alt for 1-2 Hours a day while switching off to playing legit and doing my own things by hand for an hour or so..and its still alive and from my past experiences this account will stay alive as long as I keep the momentum of my gameplay and doing various activitys than sitting at a Magic Tree for 12+ hours a day back in 2012. 

Which now is really low amount of botting time but if you want to be safe, these are the sacrifices you have to make. To me, I see botting as gambling and like 90% of people who bot want to test their limits and get the most amount of XP in a single session to see how far they can go. Well guess what boys, times have changed and jagex will hit you with the permaban faster than you can blink. When you wake up in the morning and your hearts beating to login to that account I promise you, you will be banned or are on the list awaiting to be banned by a mod. 

With all jokes aside and fires I set off in peoples eyes, remember "bot smart, not hard" my friends :)

• Like 2

so would it be better for us to use programs like Ghost mouse for example and record 3-4 hours of actual gameplay grinding out a skill and using that instead of bots? Records our actual gameplay, and matching up 4 hours of patterns would be nearly impossible. I've actually done that for NMZ and I haven't been banned after running my ghost mouse for about 40 hours over a 7 day period.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:07 AM, killercrak said:

so would it be better for us to use programs like Ghost mouse for example and record 3-4 hours of actual gameplay grinding out a skill and using that instead of bots? Records our actual gameplay, and matching up 4 hours of patterns would be nearly impossible. I've actually done that for NMZ and I haven't been banned after running my ghost mouse for about 40 hours over a 7 day period.

Would that not be a pattern still? do you mean for alching because ive heard that works.  not sure how you could do that for nmz unless its for 1 dream sorta thing

• 2 weeks later...

Two things really stuck out to me in the initial post... why is Alek suggesting to not use a VPN? Secondly, why "do not bot multiple accounts"? The first idea that comes to my mind is it must be easier to identify a bot when two (or more) accounts are performing tasks at a high efficiency coming from one IP address. I'm not sure how a VPN could give you away unless you frequently used a different IP. 

18 hours ago, berserk3rv said:

I bot 10 hours a day and still no bans using rest mode every hour also playing legit on other account it seems to be working for now. I also do quests and just some legit skilling on acc i bot daily

Same i been in the botting community for a long time now, sometimes i get banned for making stupid noticeable mistakes and i still have some accounts i've been playing on for a couple of years now. 

Edited by ICloud

On 3/1/2018 at 2:23 AM, frajelly said:

10 hours a week? Feelsbadman.

Playtime is definitely a factor in bans, this is confirmed via bot busting livestreams. 

On 2/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, berserk3rv said:

I bot 10 hours a day and still no bans using rest mode every hour also playing legit on other account it seems to be working for now. I also do quests and just some legit skilling on acc i bot daily

Just because you aren't banned doesn't mean you found the solution, you could very well already be flagged. Anticheat doesn't traditionally work by instantly banning accounts. 

On 2/26/2018 at 10:08 PM, MaxDimsha said:

Two things really stuck out to me in the initial post... why is Alek suggesting to not use a VPN? Secondly, why "do not bot multiple accounts"? The first idea that comes to my mind is it must be easier to identify a bot when two (or more) accounts are performing tasks at a high efficiency coming from one IP address. I'm not sure how a VPN could give you away unless you frequently used a different IP. 

A lot of scripts don't operate at high efficiency, they are usually less reactive and dumber compared to humans; especially scripts that add useless antiban methods. Tell me how many people you know play games on VPNs.

Every thursday there is an osrs update which prevents from banning for 2days if you know what i mean. ?? #osbot #takes #too #long #to #update. (Bad for farms which ar weekly based and gets banned every thursday... loosing 2 days out of 7 till next thursday bans)

Edited by domasdomas

22 hours ago, Alek said:

A lot of scripts don't operate at high efficiency, they are usually less reactive and dumber compared to humans; especially scripts that add useless antiban methods. Tell me how many people you know play games on VPNs.

What about from the perspective of someone who's trying to run a bot farm (trying to avoid losing multiple accounts from an IP ban), not so much just casually playing a single account. I guess I was trying to ask if there's anything in particular about using a VPN that would make a bot more noticeable than just using your own IP address for potentially several accounts. I really do not know what kind of data Jagex receives, nevertheless what they actually look at to make ban decisions but I feel like seeing a large amount of hours played coming from one IP could be an easy giveaway? Appreciate your help!

Edited by MaxDimsha

What mouse information do you think they would analyse? Click and position would be obvious. But I feel it would be unlikely they track mouse movements. If that were true though I could use a mouse that leapt from click to click (so long as there were reasonable time between actions). Thoughts?

Edited by ballbag2
  • Like 1