Preventing RS Botting Bans V3

Alek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new to botting decided to try out afking castle wars I've let it run over night plenty of times and I'm at over 1k tickets now.

I guess detecting afk bots in castle wars is harder than normal gold/skill bots? What I usually do is use the bot to keep me logged in in case I forget to click once every 5 minutes but I do click and type stuff myself occasionally, I also do all of my skilling myself and did all f2p quests aside from the new one. Tried it on a new level 3 for shits n giggles and it got permabanned after just a couple of hours(I did have it on defend mode instead of afk which might have given it away).

Something else I've wondered about is if they can tell which client you're running, maybe playing legit on the osbot client helps throw them off too?

On 12/10/2017 at 12:11 PM, Blutch said:

then how do you explain Cballs and Magic tree bots, they are litteraly online 10 hours a day and ive seen lvl 3 s with +150m wc xp and +15m smith, how do these accounts slip through the system?

There are Venesuela gold farmers, they slip through the system as they are not bots :)

On 12/10/2017 at 5:11 AM, Blutch said:

then how do you explain Cballs and Magic tree bots, they are litteraly online 10 hours a day and ive seen lvl 3 s with +150m wc xp and +15m smith, how do these accounts slip through the system?

You didn't read a word in my original post - don't post in here until you have. 

7 minutes ago, Zapako said:

@Alek Obviously its all speculation and there are many variables to consider, but do you believe default osbot interactions (such as the banking api, or interacting with an npc etc) is a factor for ban rates?

Are you saying that other bots on other clients dont get banned because they are not using the OSBot API? Are you implying that scripts that don't use "default" interactions have better "ban rates"? Proof by contradiction?

26 minutes ago, Alek said:

Are you saying that other bots on other clients dont get banned because they are not using the OSBot API? Are you implying that scripts that don't use "default" interactions have better "ban rates"? Proof by contradiction?

Obviously every bot has there own interactions (this is was not meant to come across as an attack on osbot),  what I am saying is that Jagex most likely de-obfuscates each bot which allows them to figure out the general characteristics that any bot may have when doing certain interactions. Anyways what I am getting it is, do you believe is worth while for scripters to put effort in coding custom interactions with the intention of a reduced ban rate?