[Community Poll] Official OSBot Scripts

Alek

And what would happen if ppl start getting bans with official scripts? Imagine a new player (who is not necessarily aware of the current ban rates) register here buys an Official script, expecting he's getting the best quality available and get banned. For a usual script he can blame the scripter, the script, the spot etc, he can go around and buy a new script try and fail but spend money constantly, but if the Official script with superb quality gets him banned he most likely wont purchase anything else from here again, just leave.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ggecco said:

And what would happen if ppl start getting bans with official scripts? Imagine a new player (who is not necessarily aware of the current ban rates) register here buys an Official script, expecting he's getting the best quality available and get banned. For a usual script he can blame the scripter, the script, the spot etc, he can go around and buy a new script try and fail but spend money constantly, but if the Official script with superb quality gets him banned he most likely wont purchase anything else from here again, just leave.

Yeah but ban rates are same all across the board. Doesn't matter what botting site you go to, a ban is inevitable. 

The sooner people realize this, the better.

Botting = Ban.

When you say the dev team, wont it only be you and Zach pretty much because Maxi and MGI are rarely on due to their irl commitments 

Also, This hopefully shouldn't offend you but with all the responsibilities you guys have, such as maintaining the client, you both doing IPB fixes and ninja fixes, updating client hooks every week. SDN requests. Where would you find time to maintain the script? I mean sure once you make it you can chill out but what if the osrs team decided to add a new idk fishing spot for example would you guys add it? how long would it take? What if it requires idk 90 fishing and members and other requirements on an account which you do not have, how would you go about handling that? 

Edited by Saiyan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, obasan said:

I don't get it.

Why not just remove the shitty broken scripts?

OR

Refund the people who bought a broken script

I like the current system as is. The devs do the client and the scripters do the scripts. It's simple and it has been relatively successful since forever.

If they were to do that, they'd be required to refund every single person for every single premium scrpt that has broke and never gotten a fix and that'd amass to thousands of dollars and that money was long ago used for many things such as wages/license fees/host fees etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saiyan said:

If they were to do that, they'd be required to refund every single person for every single premium scrpt that has broke and never gotten a fix and that'd amass to thousands of dollars and that money was long ago used for many things such as wages/license fees/host fees etc.

Fair point.

Then remove the broken scripts from the SDN.

1 hour ago, Alek said:

The issue isn't broken scripts, I feel like nobody really read the original post. The issue is people who buy scripts and then the scripts become broken. The issue is NOT people buying broken scripts.

Why not wait until a script breaks, then fix it and relabel it as OSbot Official? Khal said earlier that scripters have agree to their source being maintained after they leave, so I think this might be a good solution.

I think this would be a better way of doing it than to make all of the scripts from scratch. 

I'm not suggesting turning every niche little script into an OSbot official script, but if a big script that many people use breaks and nobody is around to fix it, i see it as an opportunity to create a win for both the old customers, and OSbot.

Another way to deal with this situation completely would be to completely change the way script sales work. Make all scripts a monthly cost, so that people are paying for them as they use them, instead of paying upfront with the expectation that they will be there "forever". But I doubt this would be a very popular solution at all.

1 hour ago, lizzzerd said:

Why not wait until a script breaks, then fix it and relabel it as OSbot Official? Khal said earlier that scripters have agree to their source being maintained after they leave, so I think this might be a good solution.

I think this would be a better way of doing it than to make all of the scripts from scratch. 

I'm not suggesting turning every niche little script into an OSbot official script, but if a big script that many people use breaks and nobody is around to fix it, i see it as an opportunity to create a win for both the old customers, and OSbot.

Another way to deal with this situation completely would be to completely change the way script sales work. Make all scripts a monthly cost, so that people are paying for them as they use them, instead of paying upfront with the expectation that they will be there "forever". But I doubt this would be a very popular solution at all.

The last thing you suggested is something we've considered. 

In the context of scripts getting broken. 

Possible ideas.

Instead of OSBOT Official Scripts. Would it be viable to have a the development team to decide which scripts will last long, and partner that particular scripter. In an event the scripter leaves, scripts break, dev team are able to take over.
This however implies that the script "might be better(well maintained), increase sales of that particular script, and decreasing sales of other scripts. <Have not thought of any ideas yet, feel free to input>

Then again, it's all about time and money. Are the dev team willing to spend time to maintain a script that they previously partnered with. If no, will users be refunded?
If refunded, could there be a system to decide how much should be refunded?

For example, a script that cost $2, users will not be refunded in any situation. However for a script that cost $20, if the user has only used for 1 month. How much could he be refunded?
Though the majority of the scripts bought will last forever, perhaps we should lay down several criteria on the table. If we do decide on refunds. 

I believe the best interest is to retain players who buy the scripts and at the same time consider incentives for long serving scripters.

• Mio locked this topic