SDN improvements plan

Maxi

• Developer

Let me explain the mentioned instancing to everyone who is not in the clear about it:

Limiting the amount of bots your can run on one purchased instance will mean that for a certain script you buy you will only be able to run a certain amount of bots per instance you bought of that script. An example would be like this:

Script developer X created a script which has a money making method making 500k an hour. However, if a 1000 bots would be botting the method it would make little to no cash anymore, rendering the sales of that script to zero and the method useless. The developer is then able to decide he wants to limit the amount of bots per bought instance to for example 4. If someone, whether it is a goldfarmer or not, wants to bot this method with 8 accounts this person will have to buy the script twice. 

Instancing will not affect any currently processed sales and will be SDN only and the administration team will not be in charge of those decisions, the developers will be. It will most likely not be applied to most scripts, but if a developer like mentioned in the example has a very decent money making method he wants to protect and control the usage of it we simply have a method of supporting this.

• Like 2

• Developer

Sounds good, but the script testing with 10 people sounds a bit like an overkill.

The group will exist of approximately 10 people, however this doesn't mean it will be tested by 10 people. Some people might not be able to test certain scripts due to level or quest requirements and not everyone will be able to test on a daily basis. Therefore we will have around 10 people so the process of getting feedback of their tests will be faster, resulting in a smoother and quicker addition to the SDN. We will not require for everyone to have tested a script, everyone who has done some tests will give us feedback which we will use to base our verdict on.

Let me explain the mentioned instancing to everyone who is not in the clear about it:

Limiting the amount of bots your can run on one purchased instance will mean that for a certain script you buy you will only be able to run a certain amount of bots per instance you bought of that script. An example would be like this:

Script developer X created a script which has a money making method making 500k an hour. However, if a 1000 bots would be botting the method it would make little to no cash anymore, rendering the sales of that script to zero and the method useless. The developer is then able to decide he wants to limit the amount of bots per bought instance to for example 4. If someone, whether it is a goldfarmer or not, wants to bot this method with 8 accounts this person will have to buy the script twice. 

Instancing will not affect any currently processed sales and will be SDN only and the administration team will not be in charge of those decisions, the developers will be. It will most likely not be applied to most scripts, but if a developer like mentioned in the example has a very decent money making method he wants to protect and control the usage of it we simply have a method of supporting this.

This would be rather nice to stimulate sales. But I wonder if it doesn't also stimulates private scripts. None the less I support this. The SDN reminds me of how Bukkit used to handle Plugins. They were send in then tested and scanned for malicious code. When passed they were released and the person who send in the request could take charge of his project. If not the user would receive feedback why not. Sounds very reasonable to me.

The group will exist of approximately 10 people, however this doesn't mean it will be tested by 10 people. Some people might not be able to test certain scripts due to level or quest requirements and not everyone will be able to test on a daily basis. Therefore we will have around 10 people so the process of getting feedback of their tests will be faster, resulting in a smoother and quicker addition to the SDN. We will not require for everyone to have tested a script, everyone who has done some tests will give us feedback which we will use to base our verdict on.

How will you manage these people? Will they be Members/VIP/Sponsors/Mods/Staff? Or will a new user group be selected of verified trusted members?

Edited by Neodork