AutoHotKey-Like Vertical Dropping/Custom Dropping

Muffins

Yo, so during my late night scripting sessions, I was making a fisher for someone and the OSBot dropping method kind of sucks because it looks, well, bot like as fuck. Most players use AHK/MouseKeys and i have't seen a nice snippet for it, so me and @Isolate made one.

Now, OSBot count's inventory spaces like this... Provided crudely with this picture made is MSPaint.

ccaf5cbeea.jpg

THIS WILL DEFINE WHAT ORDER, AND WHAT INVENTORY SPACES YOU WANT TO DROP
I LEFT OUT SPACES 26 AND 27 DUE TO THEM CONTAINING MY ROD/FEATHERS (FISHING)
YOU CAN KEEP ALL SPACES OR TAKE OUT THE ONES YOU WISH DEPENDING ON WHAT 
KIND OF DROPPING YOU ARE DOING smile.png
public static final int[] VERTICAL_DROP = new int[]{

0,4,8,12,16,20,24,1,5,9,13,17,21,25,2,6,10,14,18,22,3,7,11,15,19,23};

Next, When wanting to drop, do this.

Note: I am using a Task system made by @Vilius So you will have to implement it into your own code.

public void process() {	
// Here is my order just saved in case: 0,4,8,12,16,20,24,1,5,9,13,17,21,25,2,6,10,14,18,22,3,7,11,15,19,23
		for(int i : VERTICAL_DROP){
			 api.getInventory().interact(i, "Drop");
			}

Or by using a lambda provided by @Vilius

VERTICAL_DROP.forEach(s -> api.getInventory().interact(s, "Drop"));

And voila, it does this (or it should, I hope, I kind of suck at this coding thing)

e95850aee672c6eaa2a034bc9e43ff5a.gif

Edited by Muffins
  • Like 4

Oh, ok!

But I just made this because I haven't seen one posted at all :)

Oh, ok!

But I just made this because I haven't seen one posted at all smile.png

It is great snippet, much better then osbots current dropAll method really boge.png

Here, have dropAllExcept so you don't have to ignore those 2 inventory slots.

public void dropAllExcept(String...blacklist) {
			if (getInventory().getItemInSlot(i) != null && getInventory().getItemInSlot(i).hasAction("Drop") && !getInventory().getItemInSlot(i).getName().equals(blacklist)) {
				 getInventory().interact(i, "Drop");	
			}
		}
	}
  • Like 3

It is great snippet, much better then osbots current dropAll method really boge.png

if (getInventory().getItemInSlot(i) != null && getInventory().getItemInSlot(i).hasAction("Drop") && !getInventory().getItemInSlot(i).getName().equals(blacklist)) {
			}
		}
	}

pls sir i am just a lowlife skriptor 1 :boge:

but foreal, I had a blacklist before but i removed it while editing my methods im pretty sure and just cbf to add it back since it was late 

pls sir i am just a lowlife skriptor 1 boge.png

but foreal, I had a blacklist before but i removed it while editing my methods im pretty sure and just cbf to add it back since it was late 

Don't use that code. At no point is the Item defined, so he's having to constantly retrieve a single item from the Inventory class multiple times. This is very inefficient. The parameters are also a limitation too. There may be other conditions you wish to set before dropping anything. I'd go for something like this:

// From int[] to Integer[] because Arrays.asList(Object) doesn't work with primitive type arrays
	public static final Integer[] VERTICAL_DROP = { 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22,
			3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23 };

public static final List<Integer> VERTICAL_DROP_AS_LIST = Arrays.asList(VERTICAL_DROP);

public void dropAll(Predicate<Item> filter) {

VERTICAL_DROP_AS_LIST.forEach((index) -> {

// Acquire item once, store it as a variable
			Item item = getInventory().getItemInSlot(index);

// Validate the item before interacting with it, also only use filter if one exists
			if (item != null && item.hasAction("Drop") && (filter != null && filter.test(item))) {

item.interact("Drop");

/*
				 * Item#interact(String...) returns a boolean, which you could
				 * wrap in a selector (IF) for better handling
				 */
			}
		});
	}

public void dropFish() {

// Lambda this shit the fuck up!
		dropAll((item) -> item.getName().equals("Trout") && !item.isNote());

}

I haven't actually tested this, but it should work. smile.png

If you want to go full autist you could have the Integer array explicitly defined within the parameters of the Arrays#asList(Object) method. This would just mean you wouldn't need to define VERTICAL_DROP as a global constant. It's justified too, since VERTICAL_DROP is only ever likely to be referenced once. However having VERTICAL_DROP as mostly dead code isn't going to rip holes in time and space. smile.png

Edited by liverare
  • Like 1

Don't use that code. At no point is the Item defined, so he's having to constantly retrieve a single item from the Inventory class multiple times. This is very inefficient. The parameters are also a limitation too. There may be other conditions you wish to set before dropping anything. I'd go for something like this:

// From int[] to Integer[] because Arrays.asList(Object) doesn't work with primitive type arrays
	public static final Integer[] VERTICAL_DROP = { 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22,
			3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23 };

public static final List<Integer> VERTICAL_DROP_AS_LIST = Arrays.asList(VERTICAL_DROP);

public void dropAll(Predicate<Item> filter) {

VERTICAL_DROP_AS_LIST.forEach((index) -> {

// Acquire item once, store it as a variable
			Item item = getInventory().getItemInSlot(index);

// Validate the item before interacting with it, also only use filter if one exists
			if (item != null && item.hasAction("Drop") && (filter != null && filter.test(item))) {

item.interact("Drop");

/*
				 * Item#interact(String...) returns a boolean, which you could
				 * wrap in a selector (IF) for better handling
				 */
			}
		});
	}

public void dropFish() {

// Lambda this shit the fuck up!
		dropAll((item) -> item.getName().equals("Trout") && !item.isNote());

}

I haven't actually tested this, but it should work. smile.png

If you want to go full autist you could have the Integer array explicitly defined within the parameters of the Arrays#asList(Object) method. This would just mean you wouldn't need to define VERTICAL_DROP as a global constant. It's justified too, since VERTICAL_DROP is only ever likely to be referenced once. However having VERTICAL_DROP as mostly dead code isn't going to rip holes in time and space. smile.png

Thank you father :boge:

Don't use that code. At no point is the Item defined, so he's having to constantly retrieve a single item from the Inventory class multiple times. This is very inefficient. 

No. I'm pretty sure ItemContainer's interact(slot, action) method does try to define an Item internally, probably similarly to the way you do it. So he should be fine ^^

PS: here's an old snippet of mine if you're looking for alternative patterns :p http://osbot.org/forum/topic/68138-using-certain-slots-help/?p=750312

• Like 1

}
		}
	}

Tested and doesn't work, still drops the blacklisted item, you try to check on the entire list, not on an item in the list

Edited by The Hero of Time