VIP+ Scripts - A new perk for subscribing

Alek

VIP+ scripts are premium scripts made exclusive. Already that's a large proportion of the market kept out. I've never written a VIP+ script so I'm not sure if I would even get paid for doing so. But let's say I do get paid for it, would it be more than a standard premium script?

Another reason why I wouldn't write VIP+ scripts is because VIP+ users already get a discount on all premium scripts. Which means I get paid less than if my customers were standard users. I find this to be unfair because I don't get a cut of the profits made from users who pay for Member/Sponsor status.

Yeah that's why I mentioned it makes sense why scripters wouldn't make VIP+ only, just not enough profits to be made for the time put in.

I guess moneymaking for VIP+ might be a good idea since the value on some money making scripts is that it makes a lot of money.. more people = obv crashing prices

Yeah that's why I mentioned it makes sense why scripters wouldn't make VIP+ only, just not enough profits to be made for the time put in.

I guess moneymaking for VIP+ might be a good idea since the value on some money making scripts is that it makes a lot of money.. more people = obv crashing prices

Changing the access of scripts to VIP+ should be at the scriptwriter's discretion and not something forced upon them. Let's say I write a free money making script which is deemed too good to be free, if I had to chose between making it VIP+ or premium, I'd choose the latter, because my original intention would have been to make the script freely available for everyone. However given I am forcibly not allowed to, making it VIP+ would only further restrict who has access. Making it a standard premium still has the advantage of making my script able to reach a wider audience. A disadvantage is that if I don't get paid for it being VIP+, Meire & Brito Automation BV stand to profit 100% of my work and my audience would be limited.

Edited by liverare

VIP+ scripts are premium scripts made exclusive. Already that's a large proportion of the market kept out. I've never written a VIP+ script so I'm not sure if I would even get paid for doing so. But let's say I do get paid for it, would it be more than a standard premium script?

Another reason why I wouldn't write VIP+ scripts is because VIP+ users already get a discount on all premium scripts. Which means I get paid less than if my customers were standard users. I find this to be unfair because I don't get a cut of the profits made from users who pay for Member/Sponsor status.

Scripters also don't get paid for making free scripts, are you suggesting that we should remove all of our free scripts because it's unfair to the script writers?

You do well when we do well; we do well when we have the support to keep our servers up, pay our business expenses, and keep our developers happy so I can buy a Redbull. That's done when we have a strong base of subscribing members. By making free and VIP scripts, you're supporting OSBot so there are actually customers who will buy your premium scripts.

• Like 5

Scripters also don't get paid for making free scripts, are you suggesting that we should remove all of our free scripts because it's unfair to the script writers?

You do well when we do well; we do well when we have the support to keep our servers up, pay our business expenses, and keep our developers happy so I can buy a Redbull. That's done when we have a strong base of subscribing members. By making free and VIP scripts, you're supporting OSBot so there are actually customers who will buy your premium scripts.

Also if they like your free scripts they would be more likely to buy your premium scripts.