Meet a Black Person [Q&A]

Qubit

Pros of being black? and cons?

pros: you get strict parents

there are some programs that can help minorities out

you don't get jumped in the hood, as long as you don't dress differently

cons: strict parents

people have stereotypical expectations of you

Do you ever feel judged or unfairly treated because of your race?

Yeah... If you've read many of the previous posts, you'll probably see that stereotypes is a prominent problem. Many people have this expectation that all blacks are ghetto people who grew up without their dad in the hood, we all speak ghetto, we are dumb. So I mean when people meet me they make it a point to tell me how astounded they are to find, that i speak very white, or act white.

Um yea in a sense that their is * im going to sound very social justice rn* of systemically oppression that whites and blacks feed into equally. But it is more of a combination of my race and the person I am. Whites are surprised and treat me different because they expect me as I said earlier to be a stereotypical black. While blacks see me an outcast who betrayed the culture and treat anyone who is different, differently.

Edited by Qubit

"Do you feel yourself less then white people?" or "do you feel you have disadvantages in some ways (school, job, store...) 

No I don't see myself less than a white person. 

What I do see thought is that many or most blacks (African Americans not to be confused with immigrants) get the short end of the stick. From my experiences and people I know, white families are more connected, have better connections, get better education and exposed to more high level thinking at a lower level. E.g   Many whites know people who know.... So they are able to get good internships and jobs. Many white families have parents with well off jobs and are very educated thus their parents teach them or expose them to higher learning at younger age; such as my friend who's dad is a computer scientist who taught him to program at 12 and works at EMC at the age of 15. You probably get the gist

Do you know many Black ppl who plays Old school rs? Have you ever been in a group with full of black ppl.. sry bad english..

Um no lol. My cousin played and introduced me to the game.  I think @Chicken Wing is black. But that's about it

pros: you get strict parents

there are some programs that can help minorities out

you don't get jumped in the hood, as long as you don't dress differently

cons: strict parents

people have stereotypical expectations of you

Yeah... If you've read many of the previous posts, you'll probably see that stereotypes is a prominent problem. Many people have this expectation that all blacks are ghetto people who grew up without their dad in the hood, we all speak ghetto, we are dumb. So I mean when people meet me they make it a point to tell me how astounded they are to find, that i speak very white, or act white.

Um yea in a sense that their is * im going to sound very social justice rn* of systemically oppression that whites and blacks feed into equally. But it is more of a combination of my race and the person I am. Whites are surprised and treat me different because they expect me as I said earlier to be a stereotypical black. While blacks see me an outcast who betrayed the culture and treat anyone who is different, differently. Lol, at the store people always be watching me.

• Like 1