Middleman feedback

Token

1. A description of the suggestion

Everyone wants to get rid of "feedback farming", that's why we recently got a new rule about service owners not being allowed to receive feedback for their workers' completed assignents even though they act as middlemen. Still everyone gets a lot of feedback by offering free middleman services which is quite the same case as the one mentioned above. Middlemanning 100 x 10m transactions in 1 month to get quick 100 feedback is definately not going to show any kind of trust when most of these users scam quit after 1 month by selling accounts/chargebacking and abusing that false feedback which is not relevant at all.

So we should not allow middlemen to receive feedback for transactions under a certain amount (maybe 500m or so) unless they are paid for this service (so we get rid of all the free middlemen scam quits).

2. How will this suggestion impact scripters and/or botters?

It will prevent users from farming false feedback.

3. Post any examples such as code or pictures to supplement your description (optional)

Look through all the banned users list, there are quite enough with a lot of feedback from free middlemanning who scam quit after a real trade.

• Like 6

Middlemen give there time to help others conduct trades safely, and they are being trusted with the amount of gold to get that feedback

Also you would need a level of feedback in order to be able to middleman anyway since who would trust a newcomer

Think there would be more scams without this really, than those that could potentially come from the feedback itself. Edit, more scams without the availability of free trustable middlemen, some might not want to pay a fee and risk it etc, obviously trusted can still do for free without feedback, however less incentive to do so without some form of payment due to the time taken in doing the middle manning

Edited by Dieze
  • Like 2

Middlemen give there time to help others conduct trades safely, and they are being trusted with the amount of gold to get that feedback

Also you would need a level of feedback in order to be able to middleman anyway since who would trust a newcomer

Think there would be more scams without this really, than those that could potentially come from the feedback itself. Edit, more scams without the availability of free trustable middlemen, some might not want to pay a fee and risk it etc, obviously trusted can still do for free without feedback, however less incentive to do so without some form of payment due to the time taken in doing the middle manning

People are only middlemanning for feedback, not for money. How is that even relevant to the market? The thing about service owners not being allowed to receive feedback for their workers' jobs is pretty much the same. They only act as middlemen in that case. I'm trying to say middlemanning should be a REAL SERVICE and thus a paid one, not something you do for free to farm false feedback. If people have issues trusting others with 10m they can still pay a 1% fee which is like 100k to a middleman. I'm quite sure that won't make them stop using middlemen.

While I understand your point, I believing middle manning should be done as a way to give back to the community. If you do it to profit at all, just charge for it. Taking ten minutes to help people have a better experience on the forums shouldn't require a pay off or some form of payment. Just my opinion.

People are only middlemanning for feedback, not for money. How is that even relevant to the market? The thing about service owners not being allowed to receive feedback for their workers' jobs is pretty much the same. They only act as middlemen in that case. I'm trying to say middlemanning should be a REAL SERVICE and thus a paid one, not something you do for free to farm false feedback. If people have issues trusting others with 10m they can still pay a 1% fee which is like 100k to a middleman. I'm quite sure that won't make them stop using middlemen.

I know the system against the feedback farming isn't full proof yet, we're still working on some things so we always appreciate suggestions. The reason why service owners are not allowed to receive feedback for it is because they enforce it as a service policy to let the payments go through them so they can farm feedback from every service request their workers complete, thus leaving the other party no choice other than using them as a middleman, creating unfair competition between service owners and actual middleman/verified middleman services. In my opinion free middlemen should be able to receive feedback for their free services as long as the risk is big enough, I think that even with a small fee it's going to make a big difference in the amount of people actually using a middleman.

• Like 2

My opinion is that while there is any risk in a trade it should be feedbackable. Very few people use middlemen for less then 20$ transactions so usually the risks is worthy of a feedback. However I have an issue with Verified Middleman being redundant. I feel there should be more users with the rank, people such as @jackshow & @Muffins are, in my opinion, worthy of the verification however they do not meet the requirements (not counting up all their FB). Maybe the rank should be given at @Maldesto's, @Anne's and @Dex's discretion. 

While I understand your point, I believing middle manning should be done as a way to give back to the community. If you do it to profit at all, just charge for it. Taking ten minutes to help people have a better experience on the forums shouldn't require a pay off or some form of payment. Just my opinion.

But how many current middlemen would give up their time for nothing?

I feel people see the FB as a form of payment that's why they're not charging. But your point is valid.

• 2 weeks later...