Pricing of scripts

fixthissite

No, you (generally) cannot undercut significantly. If there are no scripts in the category you can suggest whatever you want and SDN can deem it acceptable or not acceptable.

Where do true AIO scripts, covering multiple possibly all skills? Are they allowed to be priced at normal script prices, more specifically within the $5 to $10 margin?

Edited by fixthissite

Where do true AIO scripts, covering multiple possibly all skills? Are they allowed to be priced at normal script prices, more specifically within the $5 to $10 margin?

No they are not, see Master Race Omega, that is priced at the minimum it can be, if you have more features it will likely be forced to be priced higher. You can double check with divinity and maldesto though.

No they are not, see Master Race Omega, that is priced at the minimum it can be, if you have more features it will likely be forced to be priced higher. You can double check with divinity and maldesto though.

Divinity is competing on the market, yeah? Why does he get say in the price of another competer's script?

• Administrator

Divinity is competing on the market, yeah? Why does he get say in the price of another competer's script?

He doesn't, he comes to me if he has a question or alek. He doesn't set his own prices he comes to the staff when he has any question. He just doesn't allow undercutting, any other script he usually lets the script developer decide unless its something ridiculous like a chicken killer for 9.99

He doesn't, he comes to me if he has a question or alek. He doesn't set his own prices he comes to the staff when he has any question. He just doesn't allow undercutting, any other script he usually lets the script developer decide unless its something ridiculous like a chicken killer for 9.99

So a monopoly is not allowed, no matter how good the product/service may be? Not in the sense that one developer will be behind it, taking all the income.

Comsumers should be able to decide what they want to buy, without quality being a concern, if it's possible to do so, which in this case, it is.

Rules like this only slow down the progress of the community, as developers are not forced to innovate, leaving programmers to keep doing the ordinary. We won't get very far that way.

No offense to the rules set in place (would be nice if there was a place to reference them), I understand their intentions, but I think the majority of the community would much prefer a community moving at a fast pace. I can't speak for them, but some kind of poll would allow them to decide. 

Edited by fixthissite

So a monopoly is not allowed, no matter how good the product/service may be? Not in the sense that one developer will be behind it, taking all the income.

Comsumers should be able to decide what they want to buy, without quality being a concern, if it's possible to do so, which in this case, it is.

Rules like this only slow down the progress of the community, as developers are not forced to innovate, leaving programmers to keep doing the ordinary. We won't get very far that way.

No offense to the rules set in place (would be nice if there was a place to reference them), I understand their intentions, but I think the majority of the community would much prefer a community moving at a fast pace. I can't speak for them, but some kind of poll would allow them to decide.

Everyone fights everything and nothing gets done. Plus, if you make good scripts, you'll get more sales because people know you put out quality content. It's not as bad as you're making it out.

Thanks for leading me to that. I haven't checked out the Upload Request section, since I haven't had a reason to go there (until now, obviously).

But dividing the market in such a way slows down progress, as stated before.. I understand you guys want to allow less savy developers to have a chance on the market, but that handicaps the quality of scripts, seeing how people aren't forced to bring new things to the table in order to keep their business.

I've stated before (many times) that most scripts are rehashes of other scripts, with a few slight modifications. Scripters have also agreed to this. Heated competition would force developers to increase their skills to stay alive on the market, which results in more innovation and better quality.

Yes I compete in the market with the same rules that were put in place before I was in promoted.

How am I supposed to know without asking? That's all I did, please don't take it personal. I'm sure if you were in my position, you'd question it too.

To give an example of the progress I'm talking about, why aren't AIO scripts more popular? Why is the transfer so slow? If a framework for easily making AIO scripts were available, would the prices change? Why are consumers still paying $7 for a script that performs 1 task (in a variety of ways in different locations, but 1 task)?

If an AIO script was made cheaper than a single task script, developers will be forced to learn how to and start creating AIO scripts to stay in the market. That's progress. As for the next step, who knows. At this rate, we'll probably not find out within this lifetime

Edited by fixthissite

You do know there are price fixing rules in the real economy too right? I do have close friends in other botting communities, price wars are very real and they hurt the developers and customers. Without regulation AIO scripts drop down to around $1 in a matter of months, it happened here and on our main competitor's site as well. That's not to say that every AIO is the same, I definitely understand that and that's why we are a little flexible. 

Heated competition would force developers to increase their skills to stay alive on the market

Before it forced developers to drop their price, not innovate.

• Like 1

You do know there are price fixing rules in the real economy too right? I do have close friends in other botting communities, price wars are very real and they hurt the developers and customers. Without regulation AIO scripts drop down to around $1 in a matter of months, it happened here and on our main competitor's site as well. That's not to say that every AIO is the same, I definitely understand that and that's why we are a little flexible.

Before it forced developers to drop their price, not innovate.

I'm not saying take all limits off; just blur the line between AIO, single tasked scripts and any other kind of script that may appear.

Limiting the audience of a developer's script due to their experience is a pretty harsh thing to do, considering they're simply trying to provide good quality product. If people like the product more than what's currently out there, it makes sense that the developer(s) deserve the cash.

I totally understand the rules, ensuring scripts don't drop down to un-imaginable prices. But preventing such competition to allow scripters with little experience to compete on the market for prices of $5 to $10 is a bit out there, and gives them no reason to truely improve their skills.

"Life without competition is life without progress; a static society where the cream does not rise to the top because there would be no goals and no desire to march to the different drum beat and take something farther than it's ever been taken before."

Edited by fixthissite