Ex Staff

Maldesto

• Administrator

I was wondering how you guys view the ex staff members, do you see the title and think trusted/respected? How do you personally view it?

If you see ex staff do you think they should have done something of value while on the staff team?

Answer these few questions

1. How long should they have served before being eligible for the rank?
  2. Do you think they should get it for doing minimal work and never being active after their departure from the team?
  3. Are you currently fine with this ex staff list
  4. If not who and why would you take them off, do not answer if you were not active when they were here. You can pm me so your answer is confidential.

--------------------------

1. @Nick
  2. @Nezz
  3. @Arctic
  4. @Asuna
  5. @Eliot
  6. @Ericthecmh - Secondary pip is Ex Staff at users request.
  7. @Gilgad
  8. @Mikasa
  9. @Jordan
  10. @Raflesia
  11. @Laz
  12. @Master Chief
  13. @Smart

Mod logs, are logs put in the admin control panel to show what people did while they served as mods. They consist of hiding posts, doing reports by the users, deleting posts, hiding threads, handling disputes, approving topics/posts, moving threads to different sections, going through and cleaning up sections, editing posts to meet the rules, editing profiles to meet the rules, and editing peoples member titles.

The number one person with mod logs is @Smart He served for a long time and did a lot of work. He accumulated over 13,000 Mod logs. I will not go on with the list, but he was by far the most active member of the staff while he was here and did the most work while he was a moderator.  

That being said, mod logs are considered to be pretty much the only sign of activity, that along with handling disputes. So I ask you this now, do you think someone with less than 300 logs should be an ex staff member? Knowing it takes about 1 month to get 300 logs if you don't do much.

One of our newest mods has over 700 in the few months he has been here. The forums have been slower than usual when others were staff, and he still accumulated over 700 since december.  That is over 10 logs per day. Which is doing 10 of the above described at least 10 times per day for the last 2 months. 

Thanks, 

@Maldesto

• Like 3

1. How long should they have served before being eligible for the rank?: 3 months.

Do you think they should get it for doing minimal work and never being active after their departure from the team? Yes, most of them did great work while here so lets honour them.

Are you currently fine with this ex staff list: Yes, the ones i know deserve it.

I know some of the ex-staff, such as @Asuna and I personally still find them the same trusted as they was prior to being promoted/demoted.

Saying that, @Maldesto it would be the same for you and the current staff - I think that all users should have a certain degree of respect for staff/ex-staff, as they have all put their time and effort in to growing and helping the forum.

• Administrator

Definitely, If I promote them and they leave respectably I don't lose any trust in them. Most of the ones I personally demoted/resigned I would bring back in a heart beat if they had the time. I am not sure if there is one staff member I personally promoted that I wouldn't bring back if they could bring the same thing they did when promoted. 

Definitely, If I promote them and they leave respectably I don't lose any trust in them. Most of the ones I personally demoted/resigned I would bring back in a heart beat if they had the time. I am not sure if there is one staff member I personally promoted that I wouldn't bring back if they could bring the same thing they did when promoted. 

That's something I am really pleased to hear, I have loved speaking to many of the staff, and reading their comments, the same goes with my personal realationships towards some of them.

How long should they have served before being eligible for the rank?

It really depends on what they brought to or kept away from the community.

Do you think they should get it for doing minimal work and never being active after their departure from the team?

Doesn't seem like the best idea imo.

Ex-staff are still the faces of OSB somehow and in some cases they shouldn't be because of conflicting interests, lack of care for the community or just because they are plain out of touch with OSB / the botting scene in general.

Are you currently fine with this ex staff list

Some of them deserve it more than others. Some of them just don't deserve it at all.

I wouldn't mind a clean up based on merit / contribution.

If not who and why would you take them off, do not answer if you were not active when they were here. You can pm me so your answer is confidential.

• Administrator

I only want to say this , i wish that everyone on this server were as trust as this ex-staff , it would make this site better like 1000%!

Sorry @Maldesto, but as you know this website is kinda dangerous when talking about scams ...

The same goes with any site, I understand. People fall into scamming. I used to be a scammer, I know a few friends that used to scam. A few of our ex staff members will admit to scamming back in the day and so will a lot of other people that are trusted now. The difference is, can you grow up and move on from the immature life you once lived. I get angry when I think about how immature and stupid I was with pixels. 

I consider our site to be very good compared to other sites with scam. We've had one major thing happen with the scams.

• Like 2

I would love to be apart of the staff team again. I may not have as much time as I did in the past, but If i remember correctly late at night CST is when no one was around except for me. 

From day one I've been real with you guys and not once have I F'd anyone over. 

On that note, I do believe Ex-Staff deserve the respect of working for what they earned. 

The same goes with any site, I understand. People fall into scamming. I used to be a scammer, I know a few friends that used to scam. A few of our ex staff members will admit to scamming back in the day and so will a lot of other people that are trusted now. The difference is, can you grow up and move on from the immature life you once lived. I get angry when I think about how immature and stupid I was with pixels. 

I consider our site to be very good compared to other sites with scam. We've had one major thing happen with the scams.

God bless, you came out the closet lol ^^ - I think that's the problem with alot of people, as younger people than we are atm (myself for example i'm 24) we find it easier to take something and block it out afterwards, I mean I cant say i've scammed because I haven't but I used to see people in a local internet café making $100-500/day from scamming, then there was me back then fishing lobsters or sharks making a small bit of money here and there.

• Administrator

God bless, you came out the closet lol ^^ - I think that's the problem with alot of people, as younger people than we are atm (myself for example i'm 24) we find it easier to take something and block it out afterwards, I mean I cant say i've scammed because I haven't but I used to see people in a local internet café making $100-500/day from scamming, then there was me back then fishing lobsters or sharks making a small bit of money here and there.

I've admitted to scamming since the day I registered. 

I also scammed.

Then my balls dropped.

• Like 1

I've admitted to scamming since the day I registered. 

We learn something new every day then, but then again I never thought of you doing so.

I also scammed.

Then my balls dropped.

I don't think they realized you was meant to stop when that happened.