OSBot 2.3.3 - Cached interfaces

Alek

In an effort to keep both botters and scripters happy after RS updates, I've decided to embark on the long and grueling process of re-writing much of the API to cache interface ids. The first class to undergo this transformation is Equipment. Please let me know if you are having any new equipment related issues!

Changelog:

-Added error tracking to loading SDN scripts

-The follows methods are now dynamically executed (without the use of static interface values):

--Equipment: isStatsOpen(), closeStats(), getInterfaceId()

-Added the following methods:

--Equipment: getStatsParentId(), openStats()

-Deprecated: Equipment.STATS_INTERFACE_ID, Equipment.STATS_CLOSE_CHILD_ID, Equipment.INTERFACE_ID

-Added values: Equipment.MAIN_INTERFACE_ID_CACHE, Equipment.STATS_INTERFACE_ID_CACHE

-Added Banks: Yanille

-API Documentation has been updated! Please clear your browser's cached files.

Caches only have to be written to once. So for the client to remember what the interface id is for the equipment stats interface, it needs to be opened once. This will be done automatically if you call a method; for instance if you execute equipment.interact("Remove", "Staff of air"), it will cache the main interface id automatically if it hasn't already been set. After that you can stop a script, log out, start a new script, and the cached id will be saved. 

Happy Botting!

-The OSBot Staff

• Like 3

Yess, very good idea for updates biggrin.png

Can you add quests to this list so it doesn't check the quest tab for completed quests too? smile.png

Thanks! As of right now I cannot unless I cache the completion status of each quest. If I go that route, I would most likely have a method along the lines of quest.update() which would re-cache everything. Maybe I can find a different path so I don't have to check the quest tab altogether. 

• Like 2