Osbot 2.2.38 - Proxy Settings And Adverts

Alek

As I've previously said, I'm not going to re-write the advertisement system just to have it as part of the GUI instead of the canvas. I'm looking into other ways to make it less offensive.

Edit: For now as a short term solution, I'll be moving it to the chatbox. I'm assuming it will cover-up a lot of paints.

I'm not complaining, I'm just suggesting. I don't care at all, as I don't use the bot.

It should be fine if you just have it like it used to be. Over the middle area of the chatbox with a close button making the ad vanish for 60-120 seconds. smile.png

The current placement is actually fairly bad, I really suggest pushing something out quick to move it somewhere more usable.

It's getting moved to the chatbox area. A majority of paints are painted there, however I'm really cornered to this position. 

It's getting moved to the chatbox area. A majority of paints are painted there, however I'm really cornered to this position. 

Both spots can be bad, but I find with the hide button it works fine for checking the paint whereas my HP is more important to see. 

If you wanted to make it a bit more fancy it probably wouldn't be too hard to allow the user to drag it to any fully on-screen location.

Is there any way to disable this for development, aside from blacklisting the ad server hostname? I Could see it causing major issues with interface picking...

I understand the need to have advertising, running a community isnt cheap, but there are some situations where it makes no sense. It's not like I'm going to click ads when im in the middle of creating content.

/entitled rant

Edited by Aerospark
  • Like 1

No offence, 

But this makes it almost impossible to play for me.

I know i am relatively new to this all, but just as an idea, 

Could you somehow devise a way that people who have payed for premium scripts have smaller ads?

I completely understand if it does not work that way, or it would be very hard to do. But just personally I feel that I have already allocated a fair bit of my money to this site, and because I only use one bot, don't see the need to get v.i.p. Rather contribute by supporting developers of premium scripts (Like the dreamscripts (Which are amazing!) and stuff like the extreme AIO smither). 

Sincerely,

Hugh 

As I've previously said, I'm not going to re-write the advertisement system just to have it as part of the GUI instead of the canvas. I'm looking into other ways to make it less offensive.

Edit: For now as a short term solution, I'll be moving it to the chatbox. I'm assuming it will cover-up a lot of paints.

Id MUCH MUCH rather it cover all paints and all chats than what it currently blocks. not being able to see my mini map makes me so damn paranoid. as long as i can see my mini map it can take the rest of the screen for all i care.