Is there a way to decrypt the NPC ID's?

tivo444

Assuming they make a Map of NPC's -> ID at loading the game, you could try to reflect that variable. Each ID is stored in a static location in the cache, so there needs to be some way to tracing it back to what it really is.

A brute force approach to this could be to find the NPC models in the cache itself and compare ingame model to cache model. If they match, you know what NPC it is. (but there's easier ways - like names for instance)

Assuming they make a Map of NPC's -> ID at loading the game, you could try to reflect that variable. Each ID is stored in a static location in the cache, so there needs to be some way to tracing it back to what it really is.

A brute force approach to this could be to find the NPC models in the cache itself and compare ingame model to cache model. If they match, you know what NPC it is. (but there's easier ways - like names for instance)

This is relevant to me. I actually need a way of telling ea dragon from the other. If the model of ea dragon is the same, but the coloration is different, will I still be able to tell the difference in the dragons based off the model?

Edited by Deffiliate

• 2 weeks later...