The Great Transition Forward - OSBot 2

Laz

This.

Also, please take into account that not all converted scripts will be 'flawless' as the ones I have right now, so as a customer of OSBot I will have to;

1) Buy all my scripts again

2) Wait for scripters to make them flawless (it's now exam period this can take up to weeks lol)

Of course scripters will support this, who would not want more money?

Of course customers will be against this? Who wants to re-purchase something they have already bought?

Kind of dissapointed that the people in charge could not come up with a suitable solution.

Why would you put yourself in a predicament to either dissapoint/lose customers/staff? (staff in this context being scripters)

It's a lose lose situation, this whole OSB 2 thing has been VERY poor. I've been against it since day one.

Why couldn't we just stay with the current bot, and build on that making continuous improvements? 

Don't forget how the ETA was like 6 months ago lol.

OSB2 > OSB1 in so many ways, its not just based around customers wanting to keep their scripts.

What about deleting all of my purchased scripts with a total worth of $120, you can do that to us?

I purchased those scripts for a lifetime as promised, not untill osbot 2 comes out and rebuy it.

Such a waste of money, im sure if you guys announced this earlier people didnt even want osbot 2 to come out.

As runescape99 says: If you don't re-write it you will not earn any revenue from potential new customers who, from what I heard, have to pay monthly for every script now. Script writers do, in this way, take advantage on rewriting their scripts.

If script writers really want to be paid then osbot should pay the bills, im not going to spend any more money on rebuying things i already got and which works perfectly on a stable osbot 1 client.

Trust me, once everything comes true people will start asking why their scripts got deleted and this community will lose costumers

OSBot 2 was announced ages ago, you guys had plently of time to decide. This is just an advanced warning saying that it comes in 2 weeks.

Either way, the first client will still be around for 2 weeks, and even longer after that. I dont think 'lifetime' scripts exist. Only 'One time buy' scripts. Nothing was ever promised :)

Edited by Apaec

Wasn't the ETA like 6 months ago?

and I don't remember having a chance to vote if I have to re-buy all my scripts that I currently own.

You dont have to 're-buy', we're talking about two different clients here, OSBot1 and OSBot2. Scripts for osb1 stay with osb1, and likewise for 2. The source of the scripts will share next to nothing in common therefore you will be paying for an entirely new script, only to do the same thing. Unless ofcourse you think you're entitled to every script on every client that for example unpacks feather boxes, just because you have spent money on one of those for OSBot 1...

Wasn't the ETA like 6 months ago?

and I don't remember having a chance to vote if I have to re-buy all my scripts that I currently own.

99% of the people who bought scripts have made their investment back and on top of that made a significant profit of their scripts (both from gp and/or experience, yes experience has value believe it or not).  

• Like 1

99% of the people who bought scripts have made their investment back and on top of that made a significant profit of their scripts (both from gp and/or experience, yes experience has value believe it or not).  

Say whatever you say, just remember in about 1-2months or w/e this is released (if it is lol.. 6months) what us customers have been saying on this thread, choose to be ignorant and claim a share of our profits all you want but you fail to see it from our POV as @Joe has mentioned to you 17872 times.

Again I'll ask you.. How much do you feel you've been shortchanged from your Shrooms script..? Pm me your paypal I can help you out lol. 

Say whatever you say, just remember in about 1-2months or w/e this is released (if it is lol.. 6months) what us customers have been saying on this thread, choose to be ignorant and claim a share of our profits all you want but you fail to see it from our POV as @Joe has mentioned to you 17872 times.

Again I'll ask you.. How much do you feel you've been shortchanged from your Shrooms script..? Pm me your paypal I can help you out lol. 

The reason they are changing the system is because it isn't profitable enough anymore.

No financial incentives = significant shrinkage of the number of scripts.

In order to make selling scripts more profitable they have to change the system, in this change your monthly profits will be insignificantly reduced. 

Instead of making 150$/month the consumer will be making 145$/month. In return for that extra expense he gets a kind of guarantee of maintenance and directly contributes to the building of a larger and better (quality-wise) script base.

• Like 1

OSB2 > OSB1 in so many ways, its not just based around customers wanting to keep their scripts.

OSBot 2 was announced ages ago, you guys had plently of time to decide. This is just an advanced warning saying that it comes in 2 weeks.

Either way, the first client will still be around for 2 weeks, and even longer after that. I dont think 'lifetime' scripts exist. Only 'One time buy' scripts. Nothing was ever promised smile.png

Yes it was announced like half a year ago, but they didn't aware us of the fact that osbot 1 scripts will be worth nothing after the release of osbot 2. Beside that i thought they would provide us a WORKING osbot 1 script emulator to use our LIFETIME scripts on osbot 2.

You dont have to 're-buy', we're talking about two different clients here, OSBot1 and OSBot2. Scripts for osb1 stay with osb1, and likewise for 2. The source of the scripts will share next to nothing in common therefore you will be paying for an entirely new script, only to do the same thing. Unless ofcourse you think you're entitled to every script on every client that for example unpacks feather boxes, just because you have spent money on one of those for OSBot 1...

The source will still exist, but why should script writers update their scripts on osbot 1 if osbot 2 is out? Yeah, all scripts will still be available, but after a while i'm sure they will all be outdated.

Instead of making 150$/month the consumer will be making 145$/month. In return for that extre expense he gets a kind of guarentee of maintenance and directly contributes to the building of a larger and better (quality-wise) script base.

Not everyone is here to set up a goldfarm so i have no idea why you assume everyone is making $150/month. I invested $120 in scripts, but i didn't make much profit at all (bought sponsor with the profit i gained to support this community). So yeah, i'm actually part of the 1% who didn't make back their investment, who loses his money with this release.

Funny thing there are only script writers at this thread who ofcourse support this GREAT idea as they are getting a nice profit after this release. Good job. I really don't understand why osbot doesn't give us a lifetime script for osbot 2. In the end it wasn't our decision to release a new bot, as everything worked fine for me back in the days. On top of that, script writers had their own decision to release a lifetime script or make it a monthly fee, every script writer could have known they wouldn't get a monthly  payment of every costumer.

Edited by Mojito

Not everyone is here to set up a goldfarm. I invested $120 in scripts, but i didn't made much profit at all (bought sponsor with the profit i gained to support this community).

Experience / minigame rewards / quests.

They all have value (hence why you are willing to pay scripts for them).

You got tons of value in return for your money. Therefore you, in the same way as the gold farmer, have made your investement(s) back.

Funny thing there are only script writers at this thread who ofcourse support this GREAT idea as they are getting a nice profit after this release. Good job. I really don't understand why osbot doesn't give us a lifetime script for osbot 2. In the end it wasn't our decision to release a new bot, as everything worked fine for me.

Because everything isn't working fine for us in the current system.

Experience / minigame rewards / quests.

They all have value (hence why you are willing to pay scripts for them).

You got tons of value in return for your money. Therefore you, in the same way as the gold farmer, have made your investement(s) back.

Because everything isn't working fine for us in the current system.

What about spending this money on leveling on your main? Again, not everyone is here to get irl money.

It wasn't working fine for you? Then why do WE have to suffer the fact that we lose all our lifetime scripts, as everything was fine for us?

Edited by Mojito

What about spending this money on leveling on your main? Again, not everyone is here to get irl money.

I never said money, I said value.

You pay for value, not for IRL cash per se.

It wasn't working fine for you? 

The market is exhausted, I have already explained this countless times. The only good solution I can think of is the depreciation of all one-time fees.

Then why do WE have to suffer the fact that we lose all our lifetime scripts, as everything was fine for us?

Because WE are the providers.

If WE are unhappy and decide to stop making scripts because the market is shit then YOU can't bot.

So you either make us happy again or stop botting, that's it.

Srsly, who gives a fuck anyways? Botting is dead until we find a way to slip past jagex's detection. I'm gonna' go crawl into a hole and wait out this shit-storm.

This guy is right. Lol @ scripters crying about money when in 6 months there won't be a single fucking penny around.

Also the automated task system, is that a fucking joke or what? Do dev's really think that will impact bans in anyway what-so ever?

I never said money, I said value.

You pay for value, not for IRL cash per se.

The market is exhausted, I have already explained this countless times. The only good solution I can think of is the depreciation of all one-time fees.

Because WE are the providers.

If WE are unhappy and decide to stop making scripts because the market is shit then YOU can't bot.

So you either make us happy again or stop botting, that's it.

You know what? I actually don't even care about making profit with real life cash or value etc. It's about the fact we got promised to spend $25 on a lifetime script, which means it won't be taken down any time.

Depreciate all one-time fees? At the end YOU as DEVELOPERS decided to make a script one-time-fee. You guys knew you won't be monthly paid in the first place.

You are feeling powerful, don't you? "Make us happy again or stop botting", are you serious? We paid for what us was promised. Developers made the choise to make their scripts one-time-fee, now they see the market actually crashed. This doesn't mean you can just remove all subscribtions which has been made by the costumers who pay YOU. Now because the developers made this mistake WE have to give up all the scripts we bought and lose $120 because of that?

Ofcourse you are happy against the decision which has been made. You can actually make excactly the same script but on a different API and make shitloads of money with it. 

Edited by Mojito

It's about the fact we got promised to spend $25 on a lifetime script, which means it won't be taken down any time.

Again, the concept of lifetime in this setting is too vague. You weren't really promised anything.

Depreciate all one-time fees? At the end YOU as DEVELOPERS decided to make a script one-time-fee. You guys knew you won't be monthly paid in the first place.

It's called learning from ones mistakes. The market has changed significantly since the release of the bot.

"Make us happy again or stop botting", are you serious? 

If you are not happy about that statement feel free to learn to script yourself so you don't depend on us.

Developers made the choise to make their scripts one-time-fee, now they see the market actually crashed. This doesn't mean you can just remove all subscribtions which has been made by the costumers who pay YOU. 

http://osbot.org/tos.html

They absolutely do have the right to do that.

f16b3c5a051422723566a5b1a679b1ac.png

Stop inventing rights for yourself, most of them are directly in conflict with the TOS you agreed when purchasing your script(s).

Now because the developers made this mistake WE have to give up all the scripts we bought and lose $120 because of that?

Would you rather see the developers leave?

Ofcourse you are happy against the decision which has been made. You can actually make excactly the same script but on a different API and make shitloads of money with it. 

Logical impossibility spotted.

Exactly the same script  >< different API.