[Suggestion] OSD

PolishCivil

11 members have voted

1. 1. Yes / No

• Yes
    • Yes

I will forward this directly to @Alek and @Maldesto as this is definitely an interesting idea. Having the opinions of many is usually a more efficient way to run a system so that things do not fall on one user's discretion. On the other hand please make sure to remain civil, and refrain from going off-topic. You all are a team so there isn't a need to bash each others script work when you all are excellent at what you do. Thank you for this suggestion, we'll be evaluating it promptly.

• Like 4

I've added pool just vote to make it less pain to resolve ;o

holy, how did you that do that? such wizard powers much wow

1st one to vote yes on it =) you should make itpublic so we can see who votes no and who votes yes and stuff so they can post and support their reasoning for why they voted yes and why they voted no

Guest Apogee

If there's a way to influence others to not be impartial whilst voting, then i'm all for it.

Otherwise, it just shouldn't happen.

There's only a select few OSD's and gossip and bullshit of that nature will only rip the team apart. No sense in making enemies or kissing ass to get on everyone's good side when it's not genuine ass-kissing. If you're into that kind of thing.

Notice i said "team". Working together to improve OSBot's script selection, atmosphere and reputation is a very positive thing. On the flip-side of that, Grouping up to get your "buddy" voted in isn't really doing much for anyone.

No. We keep having this discussion and it always falls back on me being the one that actually can see their source. Every time someone else has the power to promote OSDs, it turns into a popularity contest. With this said, I plan on doing rank changes soon anyways.

"being the one that actually can see their source" I bet someone can share piece of code to be OSD.

• Like 3

• Administrator

He is my friend I vote yes!

Not sure if you're referring to alek here???? 

No. We keep having this discussion and it always falls back on me being the one that actually can see their source. Every time someone else has the power to promote OSDs, it turns into a popularity contest. With this said, I plan on doing rank changes soon anyways.

I agree, would be nice to have XavierM and Purple or a few other OSD's help out with this.

"being the one that actually can see their source" I bet someone can share piece of code to be OSD.

Well yes, sharing a piece of code, it a lot different than seeing 5 different scripts full code. Maybe If someone is applying for OSD they can give permission to script writers to view their code to review.

Also who was this thread made about just wondering, I haven't seen one person get it that doesn't deserve it except two people that Alek didn't promote and they were demoted quickly.