Allow guides/education services to be sold

Swizzbeat

I don't think either should be sold.

Unless by educational services you mean private tutoring. I think that should be allowed. (Though with some strict restrictions)

But things such as private scripting tutoring (Or CS in general) could be charged for, but only by OSD/Scholar. However "Give me 10 dollars and I'll do your homework!" should not be allowed.

Guides shouldn't be allowed for the reasons Cata stated.

tl;dr:
I think tutoring services should be allowed, but restricted (Could actually even add another rank, Tutor, that you have to apply for). Homework services should not. Guides should not.

There is a problem with that method however, because if we as Staff members throw our stamp of approval on a certain guide and a customer is unhappy with it after the purchase then it'd fall on our heads. A lot can go wrong with allowing Educational and Guide services to be sold, which is why I strongly disagree with any notion to allow them to be in the market. However, if there is some benefit and the community heavily desires their return then of course we will make an exception to the rule.

Thank you for your response my friend. happy.png

Me and probably many other members had this unhappy feeling after buying a script, you bought one but then didn't like it and had this regret. i never asked for a refund and i never got mad after i bought it, because i knew before i bought it exactly what the script could and couldn't so there was no reason to be mad, they didn't lie or anything.

I'm saying that if the guide maker makes it clear for everyone (BEFORE buying) about the content of the guide people shouldn't be allowed to complain, just like paid scripts people buy. The problem is that staff members should be very rigorous about checking the guide and make rules for it.

For example

If someone says that his private method is 400k per hour, he must provide proof or else he may not put a price per hour in his guide.

I definately love to see paid guides and i'd love to make some, i support this.

Edited by Aart1

I find it incredibly retarded that it's against the rules to sell guides/educational services. There's no harm in offering these things, and the buyer should use common sense before purchasing something. It's not the staffs team job to handle disputes idiots make because they didn't like the method or teaching service. All sales should be final.

The amount of bullshit that the staff and everyone else would have to deal with is just not worth it.

Those that are for it are either ignorant to what'll happen, don't care about the repercussions, want it for personal gain, or just oblivious to everything.

There are just some things that shouldn't be allowed. What's stopping me from writing a bs guide and putting in the thread 'NO REDUNDS!!!'?

Users will get mad about my guide stating that it's either common knowledge or not worth it. I'll have their posts and negative fb removed while I continue selling a bs guide and profiting from it. I mean, hey. It's allowed, right?

Also, I can help users with their homework. I can get them all F's and put in my ToS that I'm helping you but not guaranteeing any specific grade. I can sound smart all I want and not know one question and fake everything. The person will believe me enough and get a F when he turns it in to the teacher.

It's just not worth it. Too much wasted time and a lot of bs to go through.

• Like 1

Make it a rule then that there will be no disputes allowed when it comes to guides/educational services (unless of course it's a full out scam where someone purchases something and it's never received). People should be allowed to make their own educated decisions based on feedback.

If the same logic that is being applied against the sale of these items was applied to everything, there would be no scripts because they wouldn't be allowed to be sold.

Buying a guide is a shot in the dark, it's hit or miss

When buying a script, you're provided with all the information about it, so not too sure how those 2 can be compared

Edit:

On topic though, I don't want guides to be allowed againx

Having to deal with them last time was terror, just too much work for the results that were coming from it, so it just isn't worth it in the end.

We may always get people like Levi that is selling public guides & people not giving properly informed guides.

For Runescape guides I can see that methods will easily become outdated and therefore people who have purchased said guides will become frustrated because the methods provided are outdated and therefore it is money wasted.

However with that being said I think that guides which might not be related to Runescape directly - but still have implications with Runescape such as malware removal guides (Remote Administration Tools) and the like, would still be useful and would be able to survive for a relatively long time without the methods/guides becoming outdated. (If guides are for sale again DIBs this idea :P )

Not sure what caused the previous selling of guides to be banned however I imagine it was poor quality, badly written guides which were sold as a one off - or easy scamquit method in which case I can see the logic behind it.

To avoid this I think quality checks/controls could be brought in - for example a Guide Verification System could be implemented - part of mod duty or new rank entirely Idk whatever you guys think is best - basically this allows the verifier to check the guide and give it a rating thus allowing for quality control and peace of mind before purchasing. 

TL;DR Some guides could still provide decent value and be charged for and quality control should be implemented if this was brought back - however if unwilling or lacking resources to do so current situation should suffice.