Raflesia Demotion

Maldesto

• Administrator

I don't see why someone cant be a head admin of two different communities. However, he did always seem lazy and couldn't take the pressure of dealing with everything. Cya in 2 weeks when he becomes admin again for the third time. 

He won't be an admin again, at least while I'm here. They can't run different communities because they end up leaking/sharing information. The site we are talking have had all their staff over here advertising, bashing, and doing other various things to try to get their user base large. We have no respect for others, now if it was a different community or different type we may make an exception.

We don't mind script writers writing for other bots, except this one as you know. 

It's a shame, I was getting used to a better managed SDN.

It will be managed a lot better, Alek will step up, If people stop releasing a cow killer for 5 dollars every other week we may have a more organized and better one. Local scripts that are being put on the sdn for not reason at all is unacceptable and changes will be made. Especially with OSBot 2 coming closer and closer.

• Like 2

It will be managed a lot better, Alek will step up, If people stop releasing a cow killer for 5 dollars every other week we may have a more organized and better one. Local scripts that are being put on the sdn for not reason at all is unacceptable and changes will be made. Especially with OSBot 2 coming closer and closer.

Do you have any idea whats going to happen to the SDN with an official OSB2 release? I would assume either all OSB1 scripts will be removed from the store (which is completely retarded) or an entirely new OSB2 store section will have to be made.

He won't be an admin again, at least while I'm here. They can't run different communities because they end up leaking/sharing information. The site we are talking have had all their staff over here advertising, bashing, and doing other various things to try to get their user base large. We have no respect for others, now if it was a different community or different type we may make an exception.

We don't mind script writers writing for other bots, except this one as you know. 

preach! if you guys need testers or anything you know my info

• Administrator

Do you have any idea whats going to happen to the SDN with an official OSB2 release? I would assume either all OSB1 scripts will be removed from the store (which is completely retarded) or an entirely new OSB2 store section will have to be made.

I don't know exactly, but it looks like they will maintain OSBot 1 for a month or two after OSBot 2 is released fully functional and disable the store, but the scripts/client will need to be maintained for 1/2 months for the users who bought the scripts. Hopefully they can get the OSBot 1 scripts working on OSBot 2. If that happens it will just be a simple transfer. At the beginning though it seems people are going to write new scripts, we already have a few writers working on some.

I hope this is true, I suggest another SDN manager.

I don't know exactly, but it looks like they will maintain OSBot 1 for a month or two after OSBot 2 is released fully functional and disable the store, but the scripts/client will need to be maintained for 1/2 months for the users who bought the scripts. Hopefully they can get the OSBot 1 scripts working on OSBot 2. If that happens it will just be a simple transfer. At the beginning though it seems people are going to write new scripts, we already have a few writers working on some.

I know for a fact the majority of people are not going to waste their time porting over their scripts to work for OSB2. If I'm required to completely rewrite something I expect to be able to release it as a completely new product.

• Like 3

I know for a fact the majority of people are not going to waste their time porting over their scripts to work for OSB2. If I'm required to completely rewrite something I expect to be able to release it as a completely new product.

I agree with this, porting it would take longer I would just do a complete re-write tbh

• Administrator

If the transferring isn't working, you will be able to release it as a new project. That is why I said we will maintain the old client for a month or two to allow the users who paid for their scripts to use them. Example below

Day 1: Remove ALL scripts from store, an announcement is made saying osbot 1 will close in 45-60 days and we will maintain it until then so people who just bought scripts can use for 1-2 months.

Day 30: still having the script writers maintaining their scripts and client being maintained on OSBot 1

Day 45: OSBot 1 still functioning

Day 60: The development of OSBot 1 has stopped.

By this time we hope to have a large OSBot 2 scripting team and full store of scripts. We won't make you transfer your customers if you have to rewrite the scripts, but if we do end up being able to transfer of course you will have to keep maintaining them or they will be removed from the store of course.

• Like 2

• Developer

The intent at the moment is to keep any scripts with scripters that are actively porting scripts to OSBot 2 in the store. Once those scripts are ported, both versions will be available (provided there is an OSBot 1 and 2 version). Any new scripts would have to be OSBot 2 scripts.

As always, that's subject to change.

• Like 1

If the transferring isn't working, you will be able to release it as a new project. That is why I said we will maintain the old client for a month or two to allow the users who paid for their scripts to use them. Example below

Day 1: Remove ALL scripts from store, an announcement is made saying osbot 1 will close in 45-60 days and we will maintain it until then so people who just bought scripts can use for 1-2 months.

Day 30: still having the script writers maintaining their scripts and client being maintained on OSBot 1

Day 45: OSBot 1 still functioning

Day 60: The development of OSBot 1 has stopped.

By this time we hope to have a large OSBot 2 scripting team and full store of scripts. We won't make you transfer your customers if you have to rewrite the scripts, but if we do end up being able to transfer of course you will have to keep maintaining them or they will be removed from the store of course.

The intent at the moment is to keep any scripts with scripters that are actively porting scripts to OSBot 2 in the store. Once those scripts are ported, both versions will be available (provided there is an OSBot 1 and 2 version). Any new scripts would have to be OSBot 2 scripts.

As always, that's subject to change.

Sounds like a feasible solution, thanks for clearing that up for us the two of you ^_^

• Like 1