OSD and Entitlement

Purple

If the client were to start supporting it, wouldn't you need to add it into your script manually, or would you want it just included in the current world hopper function?

It seems like it'd be two different commands from the API, which would result for you to not be AFK to fix.

it would be handled like any other random, there would be no code for us to write

If the client were to start supporting it, wouldn't you need to add it into your script manually, or would you want it just included in the current world hopper function?

It seems like it'd be two different commands from the API, which would result for you to not be AFK to fix.

TBH, it's better off for this to just be handled script -side by calling hopWorld() from in your script. That's how I do it in mine.

Also, I think jagex changes worlds from time to time so a user input in GUI to selected which worlds are "Bot worlds" is goood.

It's not a big issue really. It's like two lines of code, but I'm just pissed that I literally have been stripped of entitlement because of reasons outside of what's expected of me. 

TBH, it's better off for this to just be handled script -side by calling hopWorld() from in your script. That's how I do it in mine.

Also, I think jagex changes worlds from time to time so a user input in GUI to selected which worlds are "Bot worlds" is goood.

You don't need an update or anything, the world is always higher than 385. 

Requested you make it hop from bot worlds nearly 2 weeks ago mate...didn't even get a post from you on your thread saying anything or letting us know whats going on bro. sad.png

d03d83870583e7e5aa945520bceee6b7.png

Deffiliate has his own bot world hopping and I must say it is quite sexy, ;) props to @Deffiliate for being a baws! :) keep up the good scripting my friend! 

Edited by Verified

You got 3 issues here:

1) Purple going AFG for a week or 2.

2) Purple not adding requests from his customers (which matches with #1)

3) Purple being accused of his script being broke because the client doesn't handle bot worlds (not his fault).

Purple going AFG for a week or 2 CONSTANTLY and not responding to anyone CONSTANTLY is not acceptable unless ofc mentioned to alek or maldesto etc, we all have lives, we all understand shit that people go through, we all have mutual understanding.

Purple not doing the basic tending of his script due to his vacations is not acceptable, if users are requesting hop from bot worlds, then in theory it "should" be added, however if no one complains about it, then it's fine.

Purple however should not have been accused of his script being "broken" because it doesn't support bot worlds, it has nothing to do with the functionality of the script, his script is to do the rooftop agility course, nothing more, if it doesn't say "This script supports bot worlds" then users can expect it not to support bot worlds, simple as that, all refunds based on it should be rejected.

Purple's rank should be revoked if he is AFG/AFK or whatever constantly for months while his script is BROKEN, which it isn't afaik.

TLDR: Wtf, don't get all this fuss, simple system is simple.

You got 2 issues here:

1) Purple going AFG for a week or 2.

2) Purple being accused of his script being broke because the client doesn't handle bot worlds (not his fault).

Purple going AFG for a week or 2 CONSTANTLY and not responding to anyone CONSTANTLY is not acceptable unless ofc mentioned to alek or maldesto etc, we all have lives, we all understand shit that people go through, we all have mutual understanding.

Purple however should not have been accused of his script being "broken" because it doesn't support bot worlds, it has nothing to do with the functionality of the script, his script is to do the rooftop agility course, nothing more, if it doesn't say "This script supports bot worlds" then users can expect it not to support bot worlds, simple as that, all refunds based on it should be rejected.

Purple's rank should be revoked if he is AFG/AFK or whatever constantly for months while his script is BROKEN, which it isn't afaik.

TLDR: Wtf, don't get all this fuss, simple system is simple.

My view on it is that his script was left open to be vulnerable to botting worlds, which would result in issues. If there was a huge issue with the script by some chance, how would Purple know to fix it if he's AFK for weeks?

This should be a lesson to start being a bit more active, check up on your script at least once a week, see how your customers are reacting to the product, and fixing essential things that could be beneficial for both parties.

When Alek has time, he should go through the SDN scripts & see if they have a method to deal with botting worlds, and if not, request that they add a fix for it. If they don't comply, remove the script from the store.

Every script that I use has an option to hop from botting worlds, one of them including Purple's rooftop script competition, so if others are doing it to please their customers, I feel like there shouldn't be any blame on others.

As he stated, it would take 2 lines to fix.

Edit:

& this is my point of view of the consumer & the one that sees how other customers react as well.

My view on it is that his script was left open to be vulnerable to botting worlds, which would result in issues. If there was a huge issue with the script by some chance, how would Purple know to fix it if he's AFK for weeks?

This should be a lesson to start being a bit more active, check up on your script at least once a week, see how your customers are reacting to the product, and fixing essential things that could be beneficial for both parties.

When Alek has time, he should go through the SDN scripts & see if they have a method to deal with botting worlds, and if not, request that they add a fix for it. If they don't comply, remove the script from the store.

Every script that I use has an option to hop from botting worlds, one of them including Purple's rooftop script competition, so if others are doing it to please their customers, I feel like there shouldn't be any blame on others.

As he stated, it would take 2 lines to fix.

Yeah it's a toss up.

I disagree with his vacations and not responding to users on his thread all the time, if it's requested he add bot worlds because lets be honest it does interfere with the functionality of the script in some sort of way, then it should be added, so therefore his afk's all the time isn't acceptable.

On the other hand, the users did get what they payed for, a script to do rooftop agility course which doesn't support bot worlds as it doesn't NEED to.

However, if he's going afk for weeks all the time, he should let Maldesto or alek know etc so they can take his script off for that time.

The issue has been fixed and I even threw in an update that user's wanted, which was to be able to toggle on or off picking up Marks of Grace. I'm inactive on OSBot forums, but I can be reached via OSBot's Raidcall #7970580 (which im in 24/7) or Skype. I do make sure the script works on a weekly basis. Like I said the bot detection worlds shouldn't be my issue, but I've decided to fix it because the admins are lazy and I'm tired of hearing shit from other people. 

However, I can't push the new update with world hopping and toggle mark support because my smartgit isn't allowing me to commit and push script updates. I need to wait for someone to send me my password before any update will occur. 

• Like 2

• Administrator

Scripting is very draining, sometimes I don't check my scripts for weeks or months at a time. 

If you charge money for your scripts your obligated to check the thread to make sure its not broken. How else will you know if it is broken or not. If you can honestly tell me selling your script for 9.99 and leaving it for months at a time without even checking if its broken than you guys need better priorities. Stop releasing premium scripts if you don't want to maintain them and its to draining for you.

• Like 1