Juggles progress thread

Kramnik

Hey guys,

been lucking for one thread for sometime. It is where @Juggles created a thread how he was planning to learn scripting. I would really love to take one more glimpse to it as I did long time ago and hope it would assist it my learning aswell. Maybe someone remember where it is? Trying going though "Goals" forum but no luck, sadly searching something with "Juggles" or "Scripting" gives tons of results :D 

10 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Hey guys,

been lucking for one thread for sometime. It is where @Juggles created a thread how he was planning to learn scripting. I would really love to take one more glimpse to it as I did long time ago and hope it would assist it my learning aswell. Maybe someone remember where it is? Trying going though "Goals" forum but no luck, sadly searching something with "Juggles" or "Scripting" gives tons of results :D 

Pretty what you are talking about is linked within the first few lines here but it's gone.

3 hours ago, tarxan said:

wheere would b a good place to start if u wanna learn?

Start with learning basic Java first then start learning how to use and read the API. Then learn more Java. I am out at dinner atm but when I get home I might be able to link a few things that could help.

Edited by Gunman
  • Like 1

If you want to learn...find a free script which shows it's code and just start reading.

Then try changing some variables in the script/making it do other things.

Once you get this down, try making a simple WC bot or a fighting.

Just break it all down into small pieces and then learn from each. I've only been doing this for a month and I can write some very basic scripts which work.

And if you can - get a tutor. I had help from one of the well known scripters on here who taught me some good coding techniques.

11 hours ago, tarxan said:

thanks brother anything would help send those link my way :D

Explv's Script Tutorial will explains most commonly used API methods for scripts. Explains how to setup Intellij for scripts, if you are using Intellij.

Spoiler

You could learn enough Java to make basic scripts from Code Academy Learn Java course. Just google Code Academy and sign up then find and add the java course.

This could probably teach you a few things over time as well.

Spoiler

Beyond doing all this it's kinda useless if you don't try and utilize what you are trying to learn to get a feeling for it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BuyingHardcores said:

Where is a good place to start and learn?

For me, I just grabbed a script and started reading it slowly....then played around with it until I could do my own... I found all the lessons just confusing.

You can google things you don't understand as you go. This forum is great for basic questions since most of them have already been answered.

And see if you can get a tutor too. They'll add to your understanding by showing you the right way to run things.

7 hours ago, Probability said:

For me, I just grabbed a script and started reading it slowly....then played around with it until I could do my own... I found all the lessons just confusing.

You can google things you don't understand as you go. This forum is great for basic questions since most of them have already been answered.

And see if you can get a tutor too. They'll add to your understanding by showing you the right way to run things.

Was this when you had literally zero experience? ah thank helps a bunch man ty

3 hours ago, BuyingHardcores said:

Was this when you had literally zero experience? ah thank helps a bunch man ty

Yep, I never had any experience in making OSbot scripts before. I'm pretty good at math though and just learned by reading through the code.

Pretty much the structure of any script is:

-libraries

-onstart variables

-declaring methods (defining functions, e.g. chopdowntree()

-onloop (where your script is actually doing things).

You won't go from beginner to expert in a day, but start simple...e.g build a woodcutter which drops logs...then have it bank....then build a fighter which fights cows..then maybe a stronger monster...

You just keep trying new things and eventually you'll get enough practice to make anything you like :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Probability said:

Yep, I never had any experience in making OSbot scripts before. I'm pretty good at math though and just learned by reading through the code.

Pretty much the structure of any script is:

-libraries

-onstart variables

-declaring methods (defining functions, e.g. chopdowntree()

-onloop (where your script is actually doing things).

You won't go from beginner to expert in a day, but start simple...e.g build a woodcutter which drops logs...then have it bank....then build a fighter which fights cows..then maybe a stronger monster...

You just keep trying new things and eventually you'll get enough practice to make anything you like :)

Appreciate the help, I'll report back one day haha.

16 hours ago, Probability said:

ok ill take a look at a simple script and code and see if anything sticks