OSRS Ban Megathread - 9/27/2018

Logicfury

3 minutes ago, Logicfury said:

Yes thats what Im talking about

Okay, I figured that. What I'm saying is if your going to talk about something and state things as matter of fact as you have then you should be able to show us data. and with that data then extrapolate the information that you've stated. Considering that I haven't seen anything from you that would even suggest you did any of this, or even implementing a baseline into your theory to work off of I'm going to have to dismiss everything you have suggested as farce.

<3 

9 minutes ago, Knuckolls said:

Okay, I figured that. What I'm saying is if your going to talk about something and state things as matter of fact as you have then you should be able to show us data. and with that data then extrapolate the information that you've stated. Considering that I haven't seen anything from you that would even suggest you did any of this, or even implementing a baseline into your theory to work off of I'm going to have to dismiss everything you have suggested as farce.

<3 

I’ve only been botting since I joined this site. My sample size is ~9-10 banned accounts (I’m not counting the non quested/rested accounts) and 5 that are alive and going strong following the guidelines I’ve talked about. I don’t stand to benefit anything from this write-up. It is purely a summary of best practices I’ve learned to help new casual botters avoid bans (hopefully). There is literally 0 information on the topic outside of Alek’s post so its a starting point if nothing else.

Edited by Logicfury
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Logicfury said:

I’ve only been botting since I joined this site. My sample size is ~9-10 banned accounts (I’m not counting the non quested/rested accounts) and 5 that are alive and going strong following the guidelines I’ve talked about. I don’t stand to benefit anything from this write-up. It is purely a summary of best practices I’ve learned to help new casual botters avoid bans (hopefully). There is literally 0 information on the topic outside of Alek’s post so its a starting point if nothing else.

Do you use mirror mode or the reg client?

2 hours ago, Logicfury said:

1882524561_Aleksopinion.thumb.PNG.969bfeef5f01ee3bfbe646b5cc7253b8.PNG

To put actual readers at ease that this is not a big troll with 0 relevance. 

@irwtonrs1

Hey buddy, I know how their system works. Nearly all detection is done automatically. Every account logged in game at any given point is being analyzed by botwatch. Certain actions can cause you to be automatically banned, meaning there was zero manual intervention, but those aren't too common compared to everything else. Most bots are analyzed by the system and when the system is confident enough that the account is botting, it'll be flagged and added to a list. This is where the "manual" work comes in, and all that is is a Jmod quickly looking at whatever data it is they look at and confirming it is a bot before issuing the ban and this is done because their bot detection system isn't accurate enough to allow it to dish out bans 100% of the time by itself. 

Your interpretation of "manual reviews" is a jmod sitting down at his desk and individually looking over accounts 1 by 1 trying to determine if they are a bot. This is NOT how it works over at jagex and anyone who thinks that someone is there looking over 10s of thousands of accounts 1 by 1 trying to nitpick bots is braindead. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

Hey buddy, I know how their system works. Nearly all detection is done automatically. Every account logged in game at any given point is being analyzed by botwatch. Certain actions can cause you to be automatically banned, meaning there was zero manual intervention, but those aren't too common compared to everything else. Most bots are analyzed by the system and when the system is confident enough that the account is botting, it'll be flagged and added to a list. This is where the "manual" work comes in, and all that is is a Jmod quickly looking at whatever data it is they look at and confirming it is a bot before issuing the ban and this is done because their bot detection system isn't accurate enough to allow it to dish out bans 100% of the time by itself. 

Your interpretation of "manual reviews" is a jmod sitting down at his desk and individually looking over accounts 1 by 1 trying to determine if they are a bot. This is NOT how it works over at jagex and anyone who thinks that someone is there looking over 10s of thousands of accounts 1 by 1 trying to nitpick bots is braindead. 

You know exactly how their system works? Amazing because that would imply that you are literally the most knowledgeable individual on this site because even Alek wouldn't make that claim. Your theory does not explain how accounts being botted that crash and click the same spot for hours on end fly under the radar. Do you know what "botwatch" is exactly? Have you ever worked in an anti-cheat capacity? Do you know how workstreams work between data scientists and support staff? Don't think so. Your actual "knowledge" as per the post you just wrote is just the same generic blurb that's been spouted over and over again. Nothing insightful, does not explain discrepancies in bans. Seems to me your knowledge is actually very limited and you've just accepted bans as part of the cost of doing business as an RS goldfarmer. While this is perhaps the optimal strategy for goldfarmers, the same rules don't apply to casual botters mixing real play and botting and actually play the game itself. I can see you didn't even bother to read the post because I actually specifically addressed how goldfarmers are almost certainly handled differently than casual players. Botwatch either watches every account and bots that crash should never fly under the radar, or their detection system is less sophisticated than you give them credit for. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Logicfury
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Logicfury said:

You know exactly how their system works? Amazing because that would imply that you are literally the most knowledgeable individual on this site because even Alek wouldn't make that claim. Your theory does not explain how accounts being botted that crash and click the same spot for hours on end fly under the radar. Do you know what "botwatch" is exactly? Have you ever worked in an anti-cheat capacity? Do you know how workstreams work between data scientists and support staff? Don't think so. Your actual "knowledge" as per the post you just wrote is just the same generic blurb that's been spouted over and over again. Nothing insightful, does not explain discrepancies in bans. Seems to me your knowledge is actually very limited and you've just accepted bans as part of the cost of doing business as an RS goldfarmer. While this is perhaps the optimal strategy for goldfarmers, the same rules don't apply to casual botters mixing real play and botting and actually play the game itself. I can see you didn't even bother to read the post because I actually specifically addressed how goldfarmers are almost certainly handled differently than casual players. Botwatch either watches every account and bots that crash should never fly under the radar, or their detection system is less sophisticated than you give them credit for. You can't have it both ways.

Will just leave you with this. 

3) The single most important factor in regards to triggering a manual review is total time online (I've found this figure to be ~12 hours)

LUL

gl in your botting adventures, Logicfury!

7 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

Will just leave you with this. 

3) The single most important factor in regards to triggering a manual review is total time online (I've found this figure to be ~12 hours)

LUL

gl in your botting adventures, Logicfury!

If you'd read the post you would know this is the conclusion to my "botting adventure" 

gl goldfarming hope u btfo arcus gold :)

The way you go about this (the analytical approach and figuring out things by trial and error) is a good thing and I do appreciate your effort.
The only thing I want to point out is why sharing it is bad for you, and why people that bot successfully don't go and tell what works for them.

1. Sharing things that work for you will only make other people copy it and cause the market to be flooded with gold/accs. Imagine everyone successfully farming gold or making mains easily. Gold prices will drop and so the value of the accs/services.

2. Don't forget Jagex mods are lurking the forums and always strive to make their bot detection better. This will only make your methods to not work anymore and you just end up shooting yourself in the foot.

People share enough information to keep botting alive but not enough to destroy it.
Botting is like making/selling drugs, you have to be discreet about it to make it work (especially if you wanna go big).

this attitude is clearly counter-productive to the advancement of botting as a whole. 

I might be wrong here, but you might want to rethink this after giving it another thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinjadGuy said:

The way you go about this (the analytical approach and figuring out things by trial and error) is a good thing and I do appreciate your effort.
The only thing I want to point out is why sharing it is bad for you, and why people that bot successfully don't go and tell what works for them.

1. Sharing things that work for you will only make other people copy it and cause the market to be flooded with gold/accs. Imagine everyone successfully farming gold or making mains easily. Gold prices will drop and so the value of the accs/services.

2. Don't forget Jagex mods are lurking the forums and always strive to make their bot detection better. This will only make your methods to not work anymore and you just end up shooting yourself in the foot.

People share enough information to keep botting alive but not enough to destroy it.
Botting is like making/selling drugs, you have to be discreet about it to make it work (especially if you wanna go big).

I might be wrong here, but you might want to rethink this after giving it another thought.

the issue is that other bot clients have the same issue with almost guaranteed next day bans and auto locks.  The devs of those clients have acknowledged the recent problems and looking for a fix but somehow its radio silence here.  I just hope they can be business-like and let us customers know that a solution shall be found.

• Like 1