@every 'trusted' user who markets.

RoomScape

3 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Stop using chat logs. You are literally getting people scammed and it's your fault, whether you believe it to be or not.

There is no security in using chat logs whatsoever and it's a really stupid idea to use them to begin with. Scammers have been using chat logs to trick the 'smart' people with high feedbacks into the newcomers/people who don't market and the people who do market and gain a lot of rep keep sending chat logs and getting people scammed. The most recent one against @Lrug Dord just proves that no good can come of chat logs and it can easily get people scammed.

Instead of sending chat logs, PM your Skype name, RSN and the trade details. Nothing more, nothing less. It is literally impossible (unless the person is just retarded and is helpless at that point) to get someone scammed by this method and this is what I've been doing for a few years after I started getting impostors copy my chat logs.

Honestly, people should be held accountable for their negligence in the market when it comes to trading as you're supposed to be the big shot but you can't even protect your customers from simple scams. Though I'm making this in reference to @Lrug Dord's scam report, this goes to everyone - especially since I've made topics on this before. I've had some customers myself who backed out of the trade because they were unhappy with my PM (I pm'd my Skype, rsn and trade details) and insisted on me sending chat logs. Whether they were just people who were trying to act smart or impostors, no one knows.

-----

If you have an argument on why chat logs are actually useful, please let me know as I will shoot it down because it's the worst thing you can PM a user right behind 'I'm talking with you'.

PS: I would post this in suggestions but it already got shot down in the past so I'm posting this as a community reminder.

i'm new to the market and shoulve been more aware. lrug dord was not doing anything wrong however i support that instead of a chat log send the details etc.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Scammers are scammers, imposters are imposters. You can make prevention's all you want but they will still find a way to tackle the system.

If someone is that negligent in a trade worth over $300, then it's a lesson and loss that they pretty much should have seen coming.

GG, No re

made like 4b today but the thing is that i never even could think that people would go this far... I asked for a pm and received it, had some red flags but the pm reassured me (reading it afterwards it was stupid as fuck) it's nowhere near lrug dord his fault but i do think for newcomers like myself mentioning who to trade would make a big difference. I'm never making this mistake again atleast...

17 minutes ago, rsmas said:

i'm new to the market and shoulve been more aware. lrug dord was not doing anything wrong however i support that instead of a chat log send the details etc.

People keep saying that I'm blaming him and this is such a waste of time and PC to even say.

I'm only mentioning him because this dude has like 75 FB and a donor rank and I'm thinking he can try to help prevent this stuff. It's obviously not his fault otherwise he would have had to pay that money back but the fact is that if he put a few extra words in it may have helped change the outcome.

You guys are crying over me 'blaming' @Lrug Dord. Stop crying about this pointless stuff and worry about the actual point that I'm making. Why does everyone have to go towards me tagging him but not towards the entire point of this thread? I don't know @Lrug Dord and don't think I ever spoke with him so I don't know how he normally trades and that's none of my business what he does but I'm saying that everyone needs to stop sending chat logs. 

Can we actually talk about what this topic meant for and stop crying because I tagged some guy in my OP? The amount of people crying over him being in here is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Chat logs is helpful to some extent. For example, what @D Bolter has mentioned, perhaps chat logs could show different information, in terms of payment etc. And of course scammers and imposters will always find ways to workaround any system. 

The fundamental and most important factor to not being scammed is being meticulous. Users have to do various criteria checks, looking out for correct skype names per se before doing the trade.

Hence, for this case @Lrug Dord as the buyer have achieved his goal as he could have bought gold at his price hence not losing out anything. But for @rsmas as the seller gained nothing. In my opinion, it is still the user who have to be "blamed" for not doing proper checks. 

1 hour ago, rsmas said:

made like 4b today but the thing is that i never even could think that people would go this far... I asked for a pm and received it, had some red flags but the pm reassured me (reading it afterwards it was stupid as fuck) it's nowhere near lrug dord his fault but i do think for newcomers like myself mentioning who to trade would make a big difference. I'm never making this mistake again atleast...

I'm curious to how the scammer knew you were selling 500m. Did you accidentally add the wrong skype and it was supposedly active and he accepted your request? You didn't create any selling threads so the scammer couldn't have added your skype first.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

I'm curious to how the scammer knew you were selling 500m. Did you accidentally add the wrong skype and it was supposedly active and he accepted your request? You didn't create any selling threads so the scammer couldn't have added your skype first.

Detective @D Bolter here with the real questions.

32 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Chat logs is helpful to some extent. For example, what @D Bolter has mentioned, perhaps chat logs could show different information, in terms of payment etc. And of course scammers and imposters will always find ways to workaround any system. 

The fundamental and most important factor to not being scammed is being meticulous. Users have to do various criteria checks, looking out for correct skype names per se before doing the trade.

Hence, for this case @Lrug Dord as the buyer have achieved his goal as he could have bought gold at his price hence not losing out anything. But for @rsmas as the seller gained nothing. In my opinion, it is still the user who have to be "blamed" for not doing proper checks. 

Why do you need chat logs to show different information when it was already discussed, hence why it's in the chat logs, and when you can just PM it?

36 minutes ago, Stimpack said:

can't see the forest for the trees.

Roomscape suggesting ideas to help protect both parties, yet the discussion can't move past 1 scam report.

you tried ?

I'm used to it to be honest.

@RoomScape not even going to read most of what you said as you seem to project stuff far too much. We have said how we protect ourselves and it’s much more than “chat logs” you are just avoiding it to sound correct.

4 hours ago, Dbuffed said:

@RoomScape not even going to read most of what you said as you seem to project stuff far too much. We have said how we protect ourselves and it’s much more than “chat logs” you are just avoiding it to sound correct.

Exactly my point. You protect your self but won’t put any extra effort to protect your customer, yet you can’t seem to understand that part for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, RoomScape said:

Exactly my point. You protect your self but won’t put any extra effort to protect your customer, yet you can’t seem to understand that part for whatever reason. 

You're missing the point everyone has said to you to push your own agenda.

It's quite clear the chat logs didn't match, nor did the Skype ID (the user didn't check it as shown) which would mean yes they fell for the scam. This wasn't anyone else's fault but his own, which I feel for him but it does happen.

Just now, Dbuffed said:

You're missing the point everyone has said to you to push your own agenda.

It's quite clear the chat logs didn't match, nor did the Skype ID (the user didn't check it as shown) which would mean yes they fell for the scam. This wasn't anyone else's fault but his own, which I feel for him but it does happen.

I perfectly understand that part as I do have a slight bit of common sense and am perfectly literate. It seems that people cannot understand my point which I have mentioned and made a number of times in this thread yet the only real thing people seem to mention is that same thing over and over. 

Just now, RoomScape said:

I perfectly understand that part as I do have a slight bit of common sense and am perfectly literate. It seems that people cannot understand my point which I have mentioned and made a number of times in this thread yet the only real thing people seem to mention is that same thing over and over. 

That's because the only thing you mentioned is to push your own agenda that we should add the whole dictionary to our PM's, which isn't actually needed at all.

I have shown examples in both your thread and my own, simple common goals that people can work towards to become better traders and actually help/prevent problems happening. You didn't do this, you targeted someone claiming they are to blame instead and that they should be doing what YOU think they should do.

34 minutes ago, Dbuffed said:

That's because the only thing you mentioned is to push your own agenda that we should add the whole dictionary to our PM's, which isn't actually needed at all.

I have shown examples in both your thread and my own, simple common goals that people can work towards to become better traders and actually help/prevent problems happening. You didn't do this, you targeted someone claiming they are to blame instead and that they should be doing what YOU think they should do.

You sound pretty mad for some reason.

And again, people are always bring up that I talked drug lord in this thread. I wonder if I edit him out of this thread if they'll still talk about it or if we can actually talk about what this thread is meant for? Not sure why everyone has the need to bring him up. I used him as a reference because I read the scam report and it reminded me of a thread I made a few years ago. Then, no one said anything about someone because I didn't tag anyone in it. But now, since I tagged someone, that seems to be the big issue. It's funny how drug lord didn't say a single thing but yet everyone else seems to be crying about it more than he is.

I will edit his name out of the OP. Hopefully you guys won't bring him up again and we can actually talk about what I'm saying.

Regarding 'me pushing my own agenda', I'm suggesting something that isn't harmful whatsoever to the seller and is nothing but beneficial to the buyer. I don't see how implementing this in your own trades can sever your market experience in the slightest. Instead of even considering it, you are fighting it like a plague for some strange reason. I'm not suggesting you give everyone free gp, you make a new Skype, you make a new RSN, you do anything special. I simply suggested that you refrain from posting chat logs and instead post the info that the buyer needs to send the money. Can you please explain to me how that is harmful whatsoever and why it's such a big issue for you guys to even consider?

2 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

You sound pretty mad for some reason.

And again, people are always bring up that I talked drug lord in this thread. I wonder if I edit him out of this thread if they'll still talk about it or if we can actually talk about what this thread is meant for? Not sure why everyone has the need to bring him up. I used him as a reference because I read the scam report and it reminded me of a thread I made a few years ago. Then, no one said anything about someone because I didn't tag anyone in it. But now, since I tagged someone, that seems to be the big issue. It's funny how drug lord didn't say a single thing but yet everyone else seems to be crying about it more than he is.

I will edit his name out of the OP. Hopefully you guys won't bring him up again and we can actually talk about what I'm saying.

Regarding 'me pushing my own agenda', I'm suggesting something that isn't harmful whatsoever to the seller and is nothing but beneficial to the buyer. I don't see how implementing this in your own trades can sever your market experience in the slightest. Instead of even considering it, you are fighting it like a plague for some strange reason. I'm not suggesting you give everyone free gp, you make a new Skype, you make a new RSN, you do anything special. I simply suggested that you refrain from posting chat logs and instead post the info that the buyer needs to send the money. Can you please explain to me how that is harmful whatsoever and why it's such a big issue for you guys to even consider?

1) I am mad you're correct. I am mad because it seems every time you come on it's pretty much to cause some type of bullshit, and continues to be a cycle for you.

2) No one is mad or upset you're mentioning him, but you seem to be misunderstanding that, which is what point 1 is about. You are again on a witch hunt claiming Drug is wrong when he isn't. If you was trading me and asked for a PM then I would send it with the same information I would anyone else. That wouldn't include my payment details in any way shape or form. 

3) No one is saying you are "harming" anything, but the point I am making behind pushing your own agenda is the fact NO ONE ever does what you're claiming we should do in order to meet the requirement of PM'ing someone sufficient proof. This is why I made my thread actually detailing what is and isn't a real PM. It wasn't just the chat logs as you seem to keep saying, he actually added his Skype ID which the person who got scammed didn't check by any means as he mentioned himself pretty much. 

Ask anyone who trades with me, any person at random with my feedback. All of my PM's contain my Skype ID and that's all, when it comes to my discord I give them my ID but also suggest they join my channel to avoid speaking to the wrong person, this way they cannot have it mistaken. 

If I was to say to you on Skype "trade Roomscape Jr" what would be the point of me adding this to the PM as well, if you already knew my Skype ID etc? This is what i'm getting at, it makes no sense at all to add it to both places if it's being dealt with over Skype which it was. If the trade was strictly being done over chatbox/inbox type of places then sure I would understand adding the information but otherwise there is no need to go so deep with it. 

• Night locked this topic