Macro Recorder

liverare

1 hour ago, HoneyDewBubbleT said:

The possibility is endless :D

@liverare is there a limit to how long this thing can record? 

I haven't put any restrictions in. However, the longer you record, the larger the macro file becomes. It can easily reach megabytes if you're planning to record for a very long time. I'd be interested to see just how much your PC can handle.

For a little techier explination; there's a 'virtual list' in the program that holds every single input you do, which includes mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, and keyboard strokes. I believe the maximum amount of inputs that can be added to the list is 2,147,483,647. I may change the list type in the future, but I'm pretty sure that number's a tab bit high for even the most extreme uses. But, the more stuff in the list, the longer it takes to read from it. Although, modern computers shouldn't really have a problem with this, but just bare it mind. :)

Edited by liverare
  • Like 2

@liverare Got home from work and got to try this. One issue I had was it wasn't letting my input anything with my keyboard? For example, I started recording, click buy on grandexchange and then it wouldn't let me type. Are you restricting keyboard input on purpose for the premium version?

8 hours ago, HoneyDewBubbleT said:

@liverare Got home from work and got to try this. One issue I had was it wasn't letting my input anything with my keyboard? For example, I started recording, click buy on grandexchange and then it wouldn't let me type. Are you restricting keyboard input on purpose for the premium version?

Make sure both the bot and script has keyboard enabled. In the script GUI, you have to click the 'submit' button to update the configuration stuff.

3 hours ago, liverare said:

Make sure both the bot and script has keyboard enabled. In the script GUI, you have to click the 'submit' button to update the configuration stuff.

Oh so what was happening was I was expecting a live update as I input keyboard but what happened was the keyboard inputs only occurred once stopped the recording and played the recording. Is there a way you could change this? By allowing live updates, we could use this script for even buying things on the GE. As it is, it won't let me type + record simultaneously making it impossible to use for the GE. 

Does what I said make sense? 

7 minutes ago, HoneyDewBubbleT said:

Oh so what was happening was I was expecting a live update as I input keyboard but what happened was the keyboard inputs only occurred once stopped the recording and played the recording. Is there a way you could change this? By allowing live updates, we could use this script for even buying things on the GE. As it is, it won't let me type + record simultaneously making it impossible to use for the GE. 

Does what I said make sense? 

Let me make sure I got this correct: as the macro is doing its thing, you want to be able to fill out the Grand Exchange things (like search box, amounts, etc.) yourself?

1 minute ago, liverare said:

Let me make sure I got this correct: as the macro is doing its thing, you want to be able to fill out the Grand Exchange things (like search box, amounts, etc.) yourself?

Yes. For example, let's say I have the GE open. I start the recording, click buy, then I want to type "amulet of glory" and customize amount and price. I won't be able to record customized amount and prize if it won't let me input "amulet of glory" during the recording. 

56 minutes ago, HoneyDewBubbleT said:

Yes. For example, let's say I have the GE open. I start the recording, click buy, then I want to type "amulet of glory" and customize amount and price. I won't be able to record customized amount and prize if it won't let me input "amulet of glory" during the recording. 

28 minutes ago, Jackthedon said:

@liverare He wants the macro to record him typing. For instance he might record himself fletching 1k bows, sell those bows and rebuy supplies from the g.e all in the macro.

Right. It appears I added a bit of code that eats all your keystrokes when I added the hotkey support. It was meant to eat up the keystrokes of your hotkeys, not all keystrokes lol. :)

I'll fix this and hopefully it'll be updated on the SDN tonight.

• Like 1