What do you do as a Career/Job?

Evade

4 minutes ago, Evade said:

Thats good. How did you choose that profession. Did you know someone or just was kinda looking for a job?

My dad owned a Construction company and offered me a summer job 5.5 years ago. A few months into my 12th year of high school I dropped out and asked to work full time and have ever since. He ended his company to become a saftey inspector and I started working for my current framing company 2.5 years ago. Don't regret it at all. 22 years old and making $35/hr.

Edited by RDM

9 minutes ago, RDM said:

My dad owned a Construction company and offered me a summer job 5.5 years ago. A few months into my 12th year of high school I dropped out and asked to work full time and have ever since. He ended his company to become a saftey inspector and I started working for my current framing company 2.5 years ago. Don't regret it at all. 22 years old and making $35/hr.

Awesome you had a way in. Thats my issue with becoming an aircraft mechanic is yes I can do the online course to start my apprentice no problem its trying to get into a place that hires apprentices for 2-3 years untill I am fully licensed.

1 minute ago, Evade said:

Awesome you had a way in. Thats my issue with becoming an aircraft mechanic is yes I can do the online course to start my apprentice no problem its trying to get into a place that hires apprentices for 2-3 years untill I am fully licensed.

What about getting into any job that involves mechanics even like auto shops since its the same basic thing right?

Just now, RDM said:

What about getting into any job that involves mechanics even like auto shops since its the same basic thing right?

No not exactly from what ive learned. Biggest thing is there is lots of certificates and paperwork due to fixing something that carries 10-300 people to something that carries 1-7 You need an AME License that requires you to apprentice as a aircraft mechanic and fill an entire log book. After you get that then you can get certificates from certain aircrafts. 

16 hours ago, Evade said:

No not exactly from what ive learned. Biggest thing is there is lots of certificates and paperwork due to fixing something that carries 10-300 people to something that carries 1-7 You need an AME License that requires you to apprentice as a aircraft mechanic and fill an entire log book. After you get that then you can get certificates from certain aircrafts. 

I mean it's a big commitment, but look into the military. 

Aviation maintenance technician 

Coast guard

Airforce

Navy

Army