Surely jagex can detect the usage of 3rd party software?

AT9716

Hi all,

Today I was slapped with an inevitable 2 day ban due to bot busting moderate. I'm actually kind of relieved that this has happened because I've been suiciding this account in the pre-eoc era maxing it out fully without getting caught even once thanks to the phenomenal Nexus bots I guess. Come 2013 and OSRS is released, so is this maniac of an account. Switched to a much safer method of botting by doing it in discreet/unpopular places in the game and introducing breaks. Worked wonders and I was able to achieve a couple of 99s and a fairly decent amount of wealth without getting caught. Took a break from botting for about two years as I was just constantly pking on the account every now and then as I had the stats and wealth, and just around the beginning of this month thought I would login and checkout the new updates, and guess what? The account was absolutely cleaned haha. A bank with an estimated worth of 6B was fully cleaned. Fair play to whoever hit the jackpot though. Anyways, I started botting again 4-6hrs per day WHILE babysitting it throughout the process, speaking to the public and CC whenever possible, and it looked absolutely legit. Did a handful of experienced quests that were yet to be completed on the account while also going through the sub-quests. A bit of BA, PC, and CW as well. So after all of the effort of trying to make it look less bait I was caught eventually, which is very alarming considering the lengths I went through to protect the account. Have jagex finally got the upper hand over the botting community?

Please share any stories/thoughts!

Edited by AT9716

2 minutes ago, Muffins said:

As I've state numerous times to tin-foil hatters,

YES jagex can detect when you're not using the OFFICIAL client, but, they can't detect what client you're using.

You were using publicly available scripts, and got banned, I, not no one else here, is surprised.

Hmm.. this is a very interesting response. I have never used a free script and never will. However, you've pointed out that my error was the use of scripts available to the PUBLIC, and that includes SDN. Are you by any means discouraging the use of scripts available to the public all together whether being official or unofficial? Just looking for more clarity pal.

1 minute ago, AT9716 said:

Hmm.. this is a very interesting response. I have never used a free script and never will. However, you've pointed out that my error was the use of scripts available to the PUBLIC, and that includes SDN. Are you by any means discouraging the use of scripts available to the public all together whether being official or unofficial? Just looking for more clarity pal.

I'm saying that you botted and got banned. You are more likely to get banned using a script avaliable to the public rather than one written privately for you.

1 minute ago, AT9716 said:

"You are more likely to get banned using a script avaliable to the public rather than one written privately for you"? 

Back this statement please. WHY?

you are using the very same line as thousands of others to pick up a girl

you are using unique spittalk for the same goal

• Like 1

There's no statistics on any of this, any results from "ban experiences" weren't professional and weren't done in a controlled environment. Babysitting doesn't do anything besides potentially preventing reports or script glitches. Just because you weren't banned, doesn't mean you weren't detected. We can only make assumptions on server-sided detection while using technical skills to analyze client-sided detection.

Any discussion on server-sided detection should not be taken literally, unless of course you know someone specifically on the anticheat team from the company.

1 minute ago, gearing said:

you are using the very same line as thousands of others to pick up a girl

you are using unique spittalk for the same goal

True. However, I use an approach method that is more likely to secure the girl. Or is the approach method irrelevant? What I'm trying to find out here guys is whether certain precautions would lower the chance of a ban or is it completely irrelevant as Jagex can just cut through all of your bullshit via their unique method of detecting which, hypothetically from what I understand from you guys, is hard to avoid. 

3 minutes ago, Alek said:

There's no statistics on any of this, any results from "ban experiences" weren't professional and weren't done in a controlled environment. Babysitting doesn't do anything besides preventing potentially preventing reports or script glitches. Just because you weren't banned, doesn't mean you weren't detected. We can only make assumptions on server-sided detection while using technical skills to analyze client-sided detection.

Any discussion on server-sided detection should not be taken literally, unless of course you know someone specifically on the anticheat team from the company.

You're absolutely right. You cannot depend on any data gathered from research performed in an uncontrolled environment. However, since you veterans have been in the game for quite a while now.. based on experience, can't you tell on what they're actually relying on to catch bots? Many thanks.

13 minutes ago, AT9716 said:

True. However, I use an approach method that is more likely to secure the girl. Or is the approach method irrelevant? What I'm trying to find out here guys is whether certain precautions would lower the chance of a ban or is it completely irrelevant as Jagex can just cut through all of your bullshit via their unique method of detecting which, hypothetically from what I understand from you guys, is hard to avoid. 

look it is absolutely random, i botted 4hours got 2day, then botted 10+hours each day and got 99str no ban

you got to experiment nobody knows the recipe for success

one thing for sure: use proxies so if you fuck up you can have a chance at getting back the account

godspeed

2 minutes ago, gearing said:

look it is absolutely random, i botted 4hours got 2day, then botted 10+hours each day and got 99str no ban

you got to experiment nobody knows the recipe for success

one thing for sure: use proxies so if you fuck up you can have a chance at getting back the account

godspeed

I get you man, thanks for the feedback. One more thing, did you ever bot again on the same account after a 2day? I know this question is asked A LOT, but I'd rather ask someone with experience.

Just now, AT9716 said:

I get you man, thanks for the feedback. One more thing, did you ever bot again on the same account after a 2day? I know this question is asked A LOT, but I'd rather ask someone with experience.

did you even read my post?:think:

6 minutes ago, gearing said: