I wish I could post this in the serious topic :(

Maldesto

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, harrypotter said:

I just think it's very hypocritical:

You do not look cool making fun of someone by comparing them to someone with a disability

Of course, but retard is commonly used to make fun of people acting out. People don't go around calling people autistic in school. Maybe its shitty that retard has become adopted over time as acceptable, but autism isn't there and hopefully is never there.

I'd just like someone to explain why it's perfectly ok to call someone a retard but not autistic, please tell me what the difference in in terms of making a joke out of a disability.

While I don't have a problem with people talking in this way - I'm a big boy and this is the internet, I know how to ignore what I don't want to see - I just find it very hypocritical for you to say you don't approve of people referring to others as autistic however find it perfectly alright to refer to others as retarded yourself.

8 minutes ago, Maldesto said:

Of course, but retard is commonly used to make fun of people acting out. People don't go around calling people autistic in school. Maybe its shitty that retard has become adopted over time as acceptable, but autism isn't there and hopefully is never there.

I have seen and heard plenty of people refer to others as autistic during my time in school, referring to others as retarded is no different. I don't see how you can simply choose to turn a blind eye on one while not accepting another. If you generally have a problem with people conducting themselves in this way shouldn't that apply to all disabilities?

Edited by harrypotter

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, harrypotter said:

I have seen and heard plenty of people refer to others as autistic during my time in school, referring to others as retarded is no different. I don't see how you can simply choose to turn a blind eye on one while not accepting another. If you generally have a problem with people conducting themselves in this way shouldn't that apply to all disabilities?

I personally don't have a problem, as i've stated before. If someone calls someone retarded in the chat, no reports to me. If someone calls someone autistic i get multiple reports. Do you see where I'm coming from, as the admin of the site, I have to try to keep the community happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dbuffed said:

Whilst I could be wrong here I think he is referring to a difference. (of course he can elaborate otherwise)

I can go oh Harry, stop being retarded dude. It doesn't mean i'm actually claiming you are disabled, the same as me calling you a faggot (at least in England) wouldn't 100% mean you're gay either, it's just one of those words chucked around. However, I will state what I said earlier - You could tell me to go die of cancer (It's happened with people in CB before including Muffins throwing insults similar) and imagine the person actually did have cancer - You would feel so little and stupid. 

Then again just my two cents, however I don't think either should be joked about I guess for someone like yourself it could be excused. Again i'm not going to side with either, but I do of course being someone who is diagnosed with an illness going to show somewhat favor.

Using your own logic, I could go oh Dbuffed stop being autistic, without actually claiming you're disabled - what's the difference?

6 minutes ago, Maldesto said:

I personally don't have a problem, as i've stated before. If someone calls someone retarded in the chat, no reports to me. If someone calls someone autistic i get multiple reports. Do you see where I'm coming from, as the admin of the site, I have to try to keep the community happy.

I totally understand that, but in the grand scheme of things I feel if this is the action we're going to take why single out autism alone?

Edited by harrypotter
  • Like 1