Minimum time for a script to be supported.

Qubit

Don't know if this is a thing, but i have a couple scripts that I have bought that from my understanding are no longer supported or accessible via sdn. What I find concerning is that some of these scriptwriters continue to make scripts and have others ones for sale now. So my question is, is there a minimum amount of a time a scripter must support a script. If not, why not? What is preventing scripters from developing these scripts for quick money and then dropping them soon after? Would be nice to see a system that if a script is not supported for X months they lose their scripting 2+ status and other scripts are removed from sdn or even refunding the script out of the scripters pocket....

Currently, scripts are sold with no specific time-frame. You are purchasing the script for "the lifetime of the script". There are obviously unwritten rules here for scripters such that we cannot simply abandon scripts after a few months, but of course many of us eventually pull our scripts from the store for various reasons.

I've long been a proponent of monthly pricing on scripts so that consumers know exactly what they're paying for, as lifetime licenses are not realistic. It's an interesting problem with many possible solutions.

Sorry about your old scripts not working.

56 minutes ago, Qubit said:

Don't know if this is a thing, but i have a couple scripts that I have bought that from my understanding are no longer supported or accessible via sdn. What I find concerning is that some of these scriptwriters continue to make scripts and have others ones for sale now. So my question is, is there a minimum amount of a time a scripter must support a script. If not, why not? What is preventing scripters from developing these scripts for quick money and then dropping them soon after? Would be nice to see a system that if a script is not supported for X months they lose their scripting 2+ status and other scripts are removed from sdn or even refunding the script out of the scripters pocket....

I agree this happened a few times to me with some similar purchases for scripts for other games. My advice is to learn Java tbh, from never learning Java I wrote my first script in a day that was better than some of the premium scripts. There is an entire forum area with great beginner tutorials. I highly recommend the tutorial by @Explv it's great for beginners and advanced users of Java!!

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Currently, scripts are sold with no specific time-frame. You are purchasing the script for "the lifetime of the script". There are obviously unwritten rules here for scripters such that we cannot simply abandon scripts after a few months, but of course many of us eventually pull our scripts from the store for various reasons.

I've long been a proponent of monthly pricing on scripts so that consumers know exactly what they're paying for, as lifetime licenses are not realistic. It's an interesting problem with many possible solutions.

Sorry about your old scripts not working.

I'd be supportive of a monthly 'subscription' based system.