Will gold prices rise because of RS on Mobile?

Spectre

What do you think?

I think going mobile will introduce a ton of new players to the game.

And buying gold will become something like clash of clans, that game generated billions from the selling of gems.

I feel like this update is gonna boost RS big time, cause everyone prefers to game on their phones now. That's my opinion, what's yours? :)

The gold should spike up, yeah. New influx of players means more buying gold but the same amount selling gold, demand goes up while supply stays the same... but the spike up won't last long. It's not like mobile players are going to buy gold for gear to do bandos, they're going to buy gold for a dragon axe to train their WC, or a dragon harpoon to train their fishing. Huge amounts of gold will not be bought.

4 minutes ago, aloevera said:

RS Mobile will be released in December & the gold prices always increase in December

Why is that?

18 minutes ago, ForBobo said:

not at all, gold prices will keep going down unless massive gold sinks are introduced or new content makes gold more valuable (like raids did), but i hope you're right and they do go up. 

In my opinion, I think Jagex have an amazing plan for the game, they know that if the prices of gold falls so will their user base. I'm sure that almost 80% of the people playing are doing so for monetary benefits either for the long term or the short term. 

Gold prices have to go up for the game to survive.

4 minutes ago, oTroll said:

The gold should spike up, yeah. New influx of players means more buying gold but the same amount selling gold, demand goes up while supply stays the same... but the spike up won't last long. It's not like mobile players are going to buy gold for gear to do bandos, they're going to buy gold for a dragon axe to train their WC, or a dragon harpoon to train their fishing. Huge amounts of gold will not be bought.

Think about the staking addicts? These guys will be staking 24/7 buying and selling gold. Speaking from experience. Staking on mobile, in my opinion, will definitely be a thing. 

1 minute ago, Rxdking said:

Kids getting money from parents. Christmas time/ holidays= money.

get a christmas party/bonus easy 10k cash in. Etc.

Makes sense!

9 minutes ago, Clinkz said:

Why is that?

In my opinion, I think Jagex have an amazing plan for the game, they know that if the prices of gold falls so will their user base. I'm sure that almost 80% of the people playing are doing so for monetary benefits either for the long term or the short term. 

Gold prices have to go up for the game to survive.

Yeah i agree, but i don't have any faith in jagex anymore. OSRS starting to just copy rs3 (which is a very very bad sign), and the mods themselves are getting worse and worse in terms of having knowledge of the game.  Therefore i really don't think gold prices will rise aside from the periodic bursts we get due to various factors. 

Edited by ForBobo

1 minute ago, ForBobo said:

Yeah i agree, but i don't have any faith in jagex anymore. OSRS starting to just copy rs3 (which is a very very bad sign), and the mods themselves are getting worse and worse in terms of having knowledge of the game.  Therefore i really don't think gold prices will rise aside from the periodic bursts we get due to various factors. 

I honestly loved rs3 up until they introduced eoc. So as long as it doesn't go to that stage, I feel like the game is gonna do fine!

• Like 2