My Mining Rig Build Project

Jordan

On 9/9/2017 at 1:47 PM, aloevera said:

Hey Jordan, I once bought a ant miner v1.5 when BTC was around $200 ea but never really used it.
Its in perfect condition ( still in the delivery box )
Is it worth using it nowadays or are the electricity cost more than what it can mine?

I don't think it has any value anymore, those rigs are pretty much obsolete.

Getting kind of nervous on my prospects for an ROI. Returns are on the decline and I haven't had the time to buy a new motherboard so I can run all the cards. Looking into getting the new MOBO this week and switching to ETH OS to try and increase my daily earnings. 

Got a payout on the 15th for $44.18 or .01172882 BTC

Just now, Jordan said:

Getting kind of nervous on my prospects for an ROI. Returns are on the decline and I haven't had the time to buy a new motherboard so I can run all the cards. Looking into getting the new MOBO this week and switching to ETH OS to try and increase my daily earnings. 

Got a payout on the 15th for $44.18 or .01172882 BTC

Hope it works out Jordan, damn motherboards I had a similar issue when I got mine. You'll think the pricing of them allows for a decent level of quality assurance.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump said:

Hope it works out Jordan, damn motherboards I had a similar issue when I got mine. You'll think the pricing of them allows for a decent level of quality assurance.

Yeah I've had issues with motherboards in the past. I should have tested all the PCIE slots before installing it into the case. It actually cost me a lot of $.

Update: I'm actually an idiot. Installed ethOS before buying a new mobo just to be 100% sure the 6th PCIE slot wasn't dead and sure enough all 6 cards were identified.

So I'm using ethOS now. I abandoned Nicehash and configured a dual ETH+SIA miner using claymore. 

http://ed5ff9.ethosdistro.com/

Everything can be checked here. Having some issues overclocking, gotta fix that, can't get over 26.5MH/s no matter the overclock, kinda sucks. Going to try zcash maybe to see if its more profitable for me. 

On 9/18/2017 at 12:48 PM, No one here said:

Nice it wont take long to get the money back, is they're a way you can make more per day?

I could overclock and try some different currencies. Trying to find the time to spend on it again. I'm thinking zcash may be more profitable than ETH + SIA. For some reasons I can't get an overclock working (I'll overclock properly afaik, but MH/s stays same), but when I figure it out I should be making about $50 more/mo. 

On 9/19/2017 at 12:15 AM, Printer said:

gl on those btc profits

Thanks!

19 hours ago, no face said:

very impressive build

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Smart said:

I have raised you well my child.

<3

<3<3 

• 2 weeks later...

Update Finally Got The Overclock Working! Going to see how long before it crashes but current rates:

185.2 Mh/s ETH

1854 Mh/s SIA

This is about $272.05/mo

Decided to test out Zcash to see if I would make better money.

Got 2590 hash on Zcash.

This is about $304.57/mo

Zcash mining it is.