My Mining Rig Build Project

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 6:33 PM, Antonio Kala said:

https://powercompare.co.uk/bitcoin/

Interesting article on electricity consumption.

Haha yep, it actually costs money to create a currency, gotta love it.

Update:

The first half of November I didn't calculate for because I was using my profits instantly on investments. Conservatively I made around .45 Zec. I then switched to hoarding my ZEC and stockpiled .5484 ZEC. About 1 ZEC and $330 from Nov 1st until today. Finally made the decision to switch to winminer and I must say I prefer it over nicehash. After getting windows re-installed and a slight underclock for power purposes I'm making $15-16/day and also mining on my personal comp when comp is idle. At this rate I'm looking at $450 a month and I'm stoked, that's about a 6 month ROI. I might play around with overclocking a bit more and see if I can't get $16/day

WdLweWg.png

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Antonio Kala said:

@Jordan Quick question, if I'm currently paying for a server on a monthly basis to be on 24/7, but due to botting I have downtime, would it be smart to have it mine an altcoin? (no gpu only cpu)

Probably not worth it, CPU mining isn't lucrative afaik. But, I'm not 100% sure based on your circumstances, it's worth downloading winminer or nicehash to find out. 

Edited by Jordan

@Jordan , I downloaded WinMiner to try it out see if it's worth running it while my computer is idle.  I usually leave the computer on 24/7, is there a way to find out how much power is uses without the miner, and how much with it?

The miner was estimating $0.50/day lol, but if the power difference isn't that much, might be worth doing it, since I leave it on anyway.

2 hours ago, Joliter said:

@Jordan , I downloaded WinMiner to try it out see if it's worth running it while my computer is idle.  I usually leave the computer on 24/7, is there a way to find out how much power is uses without the miner, and how much with it?

The miner was estimating $0.50/day lol, but if the power difference isn't that much, might be worth doing it, since I leave it on anyway.

You'd probably need to be at $1/day at least, maybe more before it's worth it to mine after electricity costs. It would still use a lot more power than it does sitting idle.

• Like 1