We need some market mods.

RoomScape

46 minutes ago, Eliot said:

The market section seems like scam quit land. I think we need to do something about it, perhaps market mods are a step in the right direction.

As long as recoveries are still possible, scamming will be a thing on the Runescape market. It's Runescape trying to prevent account trading and will likely never remove it.

Same counts for a SDN manager. Maybe for approving free or VIP+ scripts only, but also to check if the scripts in the SDN are still working so it doesn't get loaded with an insane amount of broken scripts. Last week I've send a PM to Alek with a list of scripts which are probably broken. I don't mind testing them because it will keep the SDN clean and clears space for other scripters (like me), but I don't own all the scripts ofcourse.

3 hours ago, RDM said:

Iv'e been saying this for like 2 years lol. Maybe it will happen this time? Hmu Mald, im ready for my new position

I've been saying this since like 2014...

3 hours ago, kazemaru said:

i agree i see alot of mods hanging around spam/off topic while there are people making new accounts and try to sell in request thread.

i never see a thread getting removed but i can see mods posting all time in spam/off topic........

Well, to be fair, you wouldn't see the threads get removed as you don't see removed threads. There may be threads that were removed before you saw it

But I get what you mean.

2 hours ago, Turkoize said:

I report so many spam posts there it's ridiculous. 

I don't even bother reporting threads otherwise I'd make that a full time job. :p

1 hour ago, Void said:

However; this would be a huge work load increase for the mods (if the current ones took this on; however new people could take it on - like the equivalent of chatbox assistants.)

Not necessarily, but I suppose so.

1 hour ago, BANDITO said:

Market Moderators would fit well, Mods purely based around the market that are highly regarded/trusted that know their way around the business quite well need to be a thing.
The could smell a scammer from a mile away & they know their shit, They can lead by example & over time a majority of this community will behave.

Or could be another @5uck - for any oldfags who can understand what I mean.

• Like 1

Just now, RoomScape said:

Or could be another @5uck - for any oldfags who can understand what I mean.

lol!

i agree though, i feel like they arent active enough in the marketplace. where are Solution and Jordan at? i do think we need 1/2 people to become this position, just think the main issue with that is selecting the few who would become the moderators for the section

1 minute ago, Mikasa said:

i miss 5uck :(

He scammed someone i knew from p****bot. I came on here and read the dispute and read what @5uck said and called him out on his bs. I remember some shit like getting my post deleted and stuff and people raged at me for accusing someone of scamming a no name fag when I had no posts and stuff and all this bs.

Then it turned out that he did scam and he did some other scam with scripts or some shit to get even more money. Rip

I was honestly happy though because I at least knew what happened. It's painful, sometimes, but still nice to be right. :x

We need active mods in the marketplace.

2 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

He scammed someone i knew from p****bot. I came on here and read the dispute and read what @5uck said and called him out on his bs. I remember some shit like getting my post deleted and stuff and people raged at me for accusing someone of scamming a no name fag when I had no posts and stuff and all this bs.

Then it turned out that he did scam and he did some other scam with scripts or some shit to get even more money. Rip

I was honestly happy though because I at least knew what happened. It's painful, sometimes, but still nice to be right. :x

We need active mods in the marketplace.

The big thing he did that I remember was basically recorded everyones account info through his scripts & got bunch of monies

2 hours ago, Void said:

However; this would be a huge work load increase for the mods (if the current ones took this on; however new people could take it on - like the equivalent of chatbox assistants.)

Yeah the equivalent of chatbox assistants as market mods could be cool but if they're worried about potential abuse, perhaps make them only able to hide threads rather than remove, and put it right up on a special platter for the regular mods to look at and determine whether or not it belongs or not.