Don't take everything for granted

RDM

This world is a crazy place. Your life can change in a moments notice, same goes for the ones you love. Being 21 years old and having already lost one parent, you learn that you can't take everything for granted. I lost my dad in 2002 due to liver failure. Being 7 at the time you don't understand what it really means  but as you grow older you find out what it means not to see them again.

Last night I almost lost my mom due to a drunk driver running a red light and t-boning her on the drivers side. It hits you hard when you first hear about it, start to lose your mind, not sure what to expect. Hoping you don't have to go through the same thing again.

I'm not looking for sympathy. This is just a message for everyone here to make sure that your family knows that you love them, because they might not be there the next time you talk to them.

Edited by RDM
  • Like 10

My mom had a stroke a few months ago, when the symptoms start appearing you have 6 hours to respond and get to the hospital for treathment. We were 2,5 hours late(8.5 after it started) and she could have been paralyzed. Luckily she didnt and had to stay for a week in the hospital.

But next monday she gotta go to the dentist to pull a teeth, there is a significant higher risk of getting another stroke due to the teeth being pulled. My mom just turned 49 last tuesday :(

Life can be short, make the most of it.

Edited by Aggre
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, RDM said:

This world is a crazy place. Your life can change in a moments notice, same goes for the ones you love. Being 21 years old and having already lost one parent, you learn that you can't take everything for granted. I lost my dad in 2002 due to liver failure. Being 7 at the time you don't understand what it really means  but as you grow older you find out what it means not to see them again.

Last night I almost lost my mom due to a drunk driver running a red light and t-boning her on the drivers side. It hits you hard when you first hear about it, start to lose your mind, not sure what to expect. Hoping you don't have to go through the same thing again.

I'm not looking for sympathy. This is just a message for everyone here to make sure that your family knows that you love them, because they might not be there the next time you talk to them.

Positive vibes your way friend :ditto:

There's a lot of people that are unaware and completely oblivious to the repercussions for their actions. They lack common sense, knowledge, empathy, sympathy and courtesy. They have no regards or consideration for other people's feelings, health or hardships. That is one of the only things that demoralizes me in my current 18 years of living.

Thankfully there was no severity to your relative, and I hope that continues. Tell her to take it easy.

I agree with you completely, don't take anything for granted. Whether it be a relationship, a situation with family, friends or an occupation or anything in general. Life is a virtue, time is of the essence. C'est La Vie.

<3

1 hour ago, Aggre said:

My mom had a stroke a few months ago, when the symptoms start appearing you have 6 hours to respond and get to the hospital for treathment. We were 2,5 hours late(8.5 after it started) and she could have been paralyzed. Luckily she didnt and had to stay for a week in the hospital.

But next monday she gotta go to the dentist to pull a teeth, there is a significant higher risk of getting another stroke due to the teeth being pulled. My mom just turned 49 last tuesday :(

Life can be short, make the most of it.

had this happen to me while my mom was in my arms and one side of my moms body was paralyzed temporarily. however, I can strongly relate it was a live nightmare. @RDM @Aggre

1 hour ago, RDM said:

You poor bloke!

I feel really bad that it takes for something like this to happen for me to give my folks the time of day. Thanks for sharing this with us, it's really admirable and serves as a good reminder to everyone.