Online Game Project

Alek

19 Jan 17:

Finished basic login system, there isn't an interface for it because it would just waste time. Right now it just reads your credentials from a text file. If your username and password doesn't exist, it just creates a new account for you (will definitely change in the future). Since the only thing you can do in the game right now is move around, the only thing saved it your X and Y coords. 

The game is at a really good point. We have a basic map, the player can move around on the server, you can see other players in the same world as you, and your progress is saved. For now I'm going to take a week or two break to clean up a lot of the disgusting code I wrote. 

• Like 9

01 Feb 17 Update - Read the OP. Decided I'm going to take a little more time before I have the server go live. Figured it wouldn't be too much fun walking around the same room doing nothing. I added multiple regions to explore. After doors and basic interactions are finished I can begin working on some actual game content like skills and battle system. 

• Like 1

06 Feb 17:
I finished a pretty big hurdle which was doors, opening a huge can of worms. First I had to have the map loader save and load multiple regions, update the editor, create game objects with inheritance, update player saves, write destination checks, and link the regions together. Now the world can be infinitely huge and immersive. Next up is menus and skills. 

c60fb59144bb9f605042199cdc5a2a92.gif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...