Why do people get mad over "Merry christmas"

Rxd

Some people are offended by "Merry Christmas" because not everyone is a Christian or celebrates Christmas and there are other religious holidays around this time of year. "Happy Holidays" is more inclusive. I am not a Christian but it doesn't bother me when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas.

Some people are offended by "Happy Holidays". There is no way to please everyone. The people that are offended by "Happy Holidays" tend to be very religious and feel like it is some kind of "slight" against them or a volley in the "War on Christmas!" These people tend to be the worst type of Christians so I generally say "Happy Holidays" in hops that it bothers them.

• Like 1

Some people are offended by "Merry Christmas" because not everyone is a Christian or celebrates Christmas and there are other religious holidays around this time of year. "Happy Holidays" is more inclusive. I am not a Christian but it doesn't bother me when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas.

Some people are offended by "Happy Holidays". There is no way to please everyone. The people that are offended by "Happy Holidays" tend to be very religious and feel like it is some kind of "slight" against them or a volley in the "War on Christmas!" These people tend to be the worst type of Christians so I generally say "Happy Holidays" in hops that it bothers them.

I understand this, however I think it's bullshit how in 2016 they all try to look for ways to make every sentence "offensive" or "racist". Here in Belgium and Holland we had to change an old tradition because all of a sudden it was racist...

Eh people...

• Like 5

I agree on you until the part where you said "The people that are offended by "Happy Holidays" tend to be very religious"

The reason why i disagree is because even beside of the fact that western countries are multicultural.

People still don't want to lose their cultural values and christmas is a part of it.

it isn't just pure a war on christmas but another piece of culture that will be lost if you give into the people who think that it is cool to protest something

I understand this, however I think it's bullshit how in 2016 they all try to look for ways to make every sentence "offensive" or "racist". Here in Belgium and Holland we had to change an old tradition because all of a sudden it was racist...

Eh people...

Feel the same way over that too RIP Zwartepiet

Eh people...

yep, im losing faith in humanity every day... have you heard of the fact that theyre talking about the removal of "black sheep" and "black money" ? because its bad, and it has black in its name? :boge:

sometimes i just dont want to live on this planet anymore :boge: