Gold farming tips

jackshow

I’ve borrowed a bit of information from @Juggles’s thread as well as @Slawa

I wanted to do this because of this post

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/107770-how-to-start-a-gold-farm/

I am not saying that he is wrong on everything (Though I disagree with a lot) He did have some correct information posted that I will elaborate on.

This is not some way to make a ton of money botting. Learn that yourself.

But, this definitely will give you some areas to improve on with your botting and things to think about. I will not tell you anything that I do, but I will give you things to think about if you’d like to be successful here.

I keep seeing posts that are like “How do I bot?” and then people reply to it giving them useless information. Then I see posts that are like “This is how you bot!” which also, give useless information. I am not going to tell you guys how to gold farm, that would be completely retarded for me to do. However, I will give you some things to think about.

Before I actually begin, if you think this is going to be a free pass to replace your part time job, it is not. You will make more at McDonalds with less effort. In the long run, it is very worth it. But it is a lot of work to get there.

Initial information:

• If you can’t program you are never going to make it far botting unless you have a lot of money or A LOT of time.
  • Private scripts are not going to stop your bans.
  • Proxies will not stop your bans.
  • Mules will not stop your rwt bans.
  • Mass botting is retarded.
  • You will need the ability to run a script. Unless you’re able to farm accounts that make back 3x their initial investment or more, a vps/server is a waste of money and I’d suggest a spare computer.

Finding methods:

Honestly, the only way you’re going to find a method is by looking and trying things out. I seriously can not comprehend how fucking stupid some people are when they continually ask for methods. It isn’t that hard, literally look at the rs wiki if you’re seriously that bad a the game and are unable to determine what you would like to bot. http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

Selecting a method:

Research. You need to do research as to if this is realistic for you. If you don’t know how to research these things, give up now. You will never make any money.

Things to consider;

• Getting accounts

• Requirements for them (Stats, Quests, Items, Gold, etc)

• A script

• Cost of running the accounts

• Compare the initial investment (time & money into the accounts) to the future investments (again, time & money) to the profit of the accounts. Then decide, is it worth it?

Getting a script:

A private script is not going to reduce your bans significantly. It will help, sure. But there’s a lot more to it. However, you should still get a private script as you can make the method more efficient than one that’s on the sdn or available for free.

This will make you more money. You also need to select a scripter. As to how you determine whether or not a scripter is a good choice for your project, that’s on you. Look into their previous scripts, etc.

Running the accounts:

• You just run them (There is no special anti ban that’s just going to stop your bans. It is trial and error)

• Nobody is going to help you.

• You WILL get banned

• You WILL lose money at first

• Decide if you need proxies or not

• Decide if you want to run more than 1 account (OSBot limits bot sessions to 1 or 2 at once unless you’re vip)

If you want to make any money, YOU need to figure it out. Because why in THE FUCK would anyone give you their method to make money? Then you will just go ahead and steal their shit like the lazy fuck you are. Stop wasting your time begging to be spoon fed because you’re too poor and lazy to try and learn something.

Bans

Trial and error. Plain and simple.

When you get banned, you need to think. Think about WHY you got banned, don’t post on the forums whining like a little bitch about how you lost 10 dollars. Think about why you got banned, try something. Fail, try again, Fail, try again, Succeed. Wow! Not so hard, nice one now you make money. Keep going, maybe you can join us at the top eventually.

Proxies:

• All proxies do is stop chain bans. Nothing else.
  •  
  • If you are botting one account and playing on a main account at the same time on 1 ip, there is no reason for you to use a proxy.
  • If you are botting 2 accounts at once on the same ip you're better off using proxies as your ban chance will be 2x as if you were running 1 account.
  • If you are botting 3 accounts at once on the same ip, your ban chance is 3x as if you were running 1 account.
  • Hence at once.
  • If you think this makes no sense; there is no difference in ban rates when you're botting agility or botting rock crabs or cutting trees. It's all the same.
  • For example, if you were botting 3 accounts on 1 ip and those 3 are doing agility, rock crabs and oak trees. If the oak cutter gets banned first, your agility bot and rock crabs are also banned. It's the same as if the rock crab account got banned first, you also lose the other 2.
  •  
  • Why?
  • When an account is banned, every other account from that ip that's logged in is going to be checked for botting and banned if it is.
  • Yes, I am saying that if you rotate accounts logged in at the same time you don't need proxies.
  • Ip flags are not real. You can argue with me if you want to, but I don't give a shit. I make money botting, you probably don’t if you’re reading this.

Saving time:

• Organization is how you are going to save time. Everyone organizes differently. Do what suits you best, but it will help. You will waste a ton of time if you pay 10 different people to do services for you and then forget who’s doing what. Personally, I like Skype. I made a separate skype account I use for notes. I keep it logged in on my phone. Keep in mind that Skype accounts can be hacked, so if you do this I suggest you make a 2nd Skype you only keep close friends/business partners on

• . F2DbM4I.png 

• for example. There’s a ton of other ways to keep organized, but that’s your call. Some things to keep in mind are; account creation dates, emails attached, password history method that it’s botting, proxy attached (if using one),

• Using CLI (Command line interface) to run accounts (I don’t use osbot, so don’t ask me how to do this. http://osbot.org/forum/topic/100378-osbot-24678-bot-farming-made-easy-cli-finished/ You can find information on it here.

• Pay people to do services for you, doing them yourself is a waste of time.

• Get an account creator (Hire a freelancer to have it create accounts for you on the website)

• Get a script to buy items that you’ll require on the account for each method.

Things that helped me / will help you:

• When I started botting, @Pain helped me. He told me that I should have the account made entirely legitimately until it’s completely ready to bot. This helped me a lot because I was making money from the start instead of getting banned training.

• Ensure you have competition. If you have competition and a will to succeed, you’ll work harder at it.

• Make some friends. I was alone botting at first, I figured things out very quickly. But working alone is not a good idea. You are limited to one train of thought. If you bot with people you get the benefit of a 2nd mind helping you. You get to discuss, you get to spark ideas in the other person’s head which then spark ideas in your own. People will fuck you over, but that’s how this works. You get fucked over until you meet the people that you stick with.

• When working in a team, make sure that you equally contribute so nobody feels upset, used, betrayed, etc and then decides to leave and actually fuck you over. If you’re leeching, you will never go anywhere.

• Splitting scripts. I am anything but poor, so this will be of a larger benefit to the majority of people. (I’m not trying to brag, but I had a lot of money prior to farming runescape, this was never a problem for me. However, a lot of the larger scripts that were purchased by Pain and I were over $500, and some over $1000. This isn’t meant to be bragging or me being arrogant; but I am certain that most people can’t afford to drop $500 on a script. But if you had partners, that’s now $250 each, or $125 each, etc.)

• Stop caring about the game. Your accounts are not accounts to you, they generate money for you and they cost money to run.

• Don’t put all your eggs in 1 basket.

• Be sure that the method you bot has longevity. You don’t want to bot something retarded like Saltpetre that has a guaranteed decrease in price & demand as time goes on.

Not all of you will make a lot of money here. This is not for everyone, because you can’t be stupid if you want to succeed. The smartest people are the ones who make the most everywhere in the world, including the cheating scene on games. I’m not saying that if you aren’t making money that you’re stupid. I’m just saying it isn’t going to be super easy. For some people, botting is really easy. But I guarantee you that they study computer science or have been programming for quite a long time and are not limited to scripting capability.

If you have any questions, a large majority of them are answered on @Juggles’s gold farming guide thread.

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/104173-guide-to-gold-farmin/ Is the link.

I’ll put the FAQ in a spoiler in case you would like to save time.

This FAQ is copy pasted from @Juggles's thread.

Basic FAQ

1) Is OSRS profitable?

• Yes there is a lot of money to be made in gold farming Runescape. I just read the other day that someone gold farmed enough to get lazer eye surgery to improve their eye sight. Other people have made thousands of dollars from it so it is possible. This does not mean that it is easy though.

2) How do I know what is profitable?

• My suggestion from personal experience is go to around Runescape and find random things that are profitable. There are a lot of things that are not common and make anywhere from 200-500k/hour. I've found many methods that make good money just from exploring osrs.

3) What is a private script?

• It is a script bought by only you

4) Should I use a private script or a public script?

• Private scripts are better because they are unique to only you. If you are wanting to start a gold farm, I strongly suggest buying a private script.

5) Where do I buy a private script?

• Many scripters sell private scripts. Go to the private script section to search for some.

6) How do I get the private script to show up?

• Place it in your Users/Osbot/Scripts folder. Refresh your client and it will appear

7) What is a VPS?

• Basically its something that lets you run more bots. If you have a shitty computer, then get a VPS to run more bots.

7) What is a proxy?

• A proxy is used to change your ip on the client. It does not lower ban rates but it prevents chain bans. This means that all your accounts are not linked on the same IP.

9) What is a mule?

• An account that holds your gold and is not botted

10) Will my mule get banned?

• It is very hard for a mule to get banned( very low chance but still possible)

11) What is automated muling?

• Some people have it coded into their scripts to automatically transfer gold. This is the ultimate gold farming strategy because it lowers the risk of profit loss and allows the user to have less input

12) Should I bot f2p or p2p?

• p2p is the way to go. For some reason p2p bots have a lower ban rate and there are a lot better methods.

13) Why should I invest money if I am just going to be banned?

• If you find a good method and bot smart, you will make profit.

14) How many hours a day should I bot?

• No one knows the answer to this. There's always a risk in botting.

15) Does the weekend really have a lower ban rate?

• From what I have seen, yes it does. Jagex is out of the office during these days. This does not mean you cannot be banned, but I know a lot of people who run huge gold farms starting Friday-Monday morning.

16) What are breaks?

• Breaks are a user selected option that allows you to control how long to bot for and when to not bot. Many people believe that having breaks can reduce the ban rate.

17) What is Mirror Mode?

• It is a VIP only feature that masks the official runescape client so that Jagex cannot detect that you are using a third party app. -- I have no opinion on this--

18) What is CLI mode?

19) How is CLI mode useful?

• It allows you to set up your bots a lot quicker. With one click, you could open up 10 different clients all on different proxies, world selected, and script selected.

20)  How do I use CLI?

• Copy and paste this into notepad (fill in the username,password, and pin as they apply).

• Save the file as a .bat

• You can add or remove these as you like.

• If you have any more questions I suggest trying the chatbox

cd C:/Users/%username%
for /f "delims=" %%x in ('dir /s /od /b OSBot*.jar') do set recent=%%x
java -jar "%recent%" -allow lowresource,lowcpu -login Useraname:Password -bot username:password:pin -proxy ip:Host
echo %recent%
pause

21) Is gold farming really easy?

• At first no. It takes time to find a good method and to set everything up. It is a lot of checking on your bots and making sure they're running smoothly. The goal in the end is to be able to only spend a few minutes each day and to make a lot of money.

22) How much antiban should I have in my script?

23) OMG I got banned, Jagex is too pro what do I do?

• You are botting, so expect to be banned. Make new accounts and move on.

24) Can an account survive for more than a few days?

• Yes I've had accounts last 40-50 day without getting banned. It's all about botting smart.

• Here is a picture of an account I botted while making my AIO fighter:

25) Should I check woodcut xp?

• No

26) Is Gold Farming stressful?

• I've actually seen a lot of people ask this question. My answer is it can be if done the wrong way. The point of gold farming is to check your bots every few hours not constantly monitor them and have to worry about 10 accounts.

27) What benefits does VIP offer? What is the difference between sponsor and VIP?

28) Who should I sell my gold to?

• I only sell my gold to the big companies like Bogla, Arcus, Kaii, etc. You can also sell to trusted people on here. I would not recommend using PayPal to people who are not trusted.

29) How often should I mule the gold over?

• Safe way is to do it every few hours. If you can get automated muling in your script, then thats even better.

30) What should I do while I am running my bots?

• Go in chatbox and talk

• Like 22