Introduction

dustinr

Hi, my name is Dustin. I'm 29, ex-military/combat veteran that's recently found some nostalgic value by returning to Old school Runescape. I started playing Runescape in 2001 before there were any banks and you could count the Runescape servers with one hand. I know much about the history of Runescape. I still remember purchasing my first R2H from blurose13x and selling my party hats off for 50k rsgp. Over the years, after distancing myself from the game and community, I became unfamiliar with the game due to a lot of the game's newer content. After a couple of attempts of returning to the game, the game sort of lost it's value to me.

I've recently returned to college after trial and error with my own business and dealing with the VA system and am studying computer information systems. I've had a few brief stints with programming in the past when I was younger. I developed a couple of scripts for SCAR over at SRL and use to do web design for clans in Age of Empires 1 even further back in the timeline.

Currently, I've found myself playing and botting OSRS when I have some downtime from my studies. As my knowledge grows, I may look into making a script or two for OSRS. Learning to script has always seemed interesting to me.

I consider myself to give good advice and can be a great mentor. So if you find yourself struggling with life, don't be afraid to message me. 

I think that's it. See you all on the forums! 

Hi, my name is Dustin. I'm 29, ex-military/combat veteran that's recently found some nostalgic value by returning to Old school Runescape. I started playing Runescape in 2001 before there were any banks and you could count the Runescape servers with one hand. I know much about the history of Runescape. I still remember purchasing my first R2H from blurose13x and selling my party hats off for 50k rsgp. Over the years, after distancing myself from the game and community, I became unfamiliar with the game due to a lot of the game's newer content. After a couple of attempts of returning to the game, the game sort of lost it's value to me.

I've recently returned to college after trial and error with my own business and dealing with the VA system and am studying computer information systems. I've had a few brief stints with programming in the past when I was younger. I developed a couple of scripts for SCAR over at SRL and use to do web design for clans in Age of Empires 1 even further back in the timeline.

Currently, I've found myself playing and botting OSRS when I have some downtime from my studies. As my knowledge grows, I may look into making a script or two for OSRS. Learning to script has always seemed interesting to me.

I consider myself to give good advice and can be a great mentor. So if you find yourself struggling with life, don't be afraid to message me. 

I think that's it. See you all on the forums! 

Welcome buddy :) Hope you enjoy it here

@@Adapt served for the us army too! :P

You will find a lot of military here at OSBot. Air Force munitions (missiles) here; went into the Guard a few months ago using up my 36 of 9/11 GI. Earned my first Bachelor's while I was in, working towards another Bachelor's right now in Comp Sci. I'm guessing you tried taking advantage of some of the VA small business opportunities you learned through CAPSTONE (maybe it's called something different in the Army)?

Welcome bro, and respect to the years you served!

Thank you, GameCube.

Welcome buddy smile.png Hope you enjoy it here

@@Adapt served for the us army too! :P

Thank you. I haven't been on any forums in a long time, but am already enjoying myself. :) I'll look Adapt up!

welcome to the forums!

Thank you, Felix.

welcome

Thank you, Realist.

You will find a lot of military here at OSBot. Air Force munitions (missiles) here; went into the Guard a few months ago using up my 36 of 9/11 GI. Earned my first Bachelor's while I was in, working towards another Bachelor's right now in Comp Sci. I'm guessing you tried taking advantage of some of the VA small business opportunities you learned through CAPSTONE (maybe it's called something different in the Army)?

What's with Runescape and military folk? biggrin.png I bet you've seen a lot of different munitions. If I could do it all over again, I'd of signed my life away to the AF. Most of my days were spent around 155mm. I'm also using my chapter 33 benefits and probably shifting over to 31 next semester for the VR&E stipend. No, I never got into any VA small business loans and never did CAPSTONE. Isn't that courses for high pay grade officers? ....I wish Laughing.png

Welcome! Here if you have any problems smile.png

Will let you know and thank you!

What's with Runescape and military folk? biggrin.png I bet you've seen a lot of different munitions. If I could do it all over again, I'd of signed my life away to the AF. Most of my days were spent around 155mm. I'm also using my chapter 33 benefits and probably shifting over to 31 next semester for the VR&E stipend. No, I never got into any VA small business loans and never did CAPSTONE. Isn't that courses for high pay grade officers? ....I wish Laughing.png

Will let you know and thank you!

Capstone was for everyone getting out of AD AF. Most of my time was missiles, also worked at an inspection shop working with our fun Army stuff like semtex, c4, water gel, etc. 155mm not too much since we didnt have any heavies, it was a fighter unit so more like 20mm/30mm (16s and 10s). The BAH for E5 with dependents in my area lets me live for free, and I go to a state university so everything is covered. 

Welcome buddy!

Thanks!

Capstone was for everyone getting out of AD AF. Most of my time was missiles, also worked at an inspection shop working with our fun Army stuff like semtex, c4, water gel, etc. 155mm not too much since we didnt have any heavies, it was a fighter unit so more like 20mm/30mm (16s and 10s). The BAH for E5 with dependents in my area lets me live for free, and I go to a state university so everything is covered. 

Ah okay. Mandatory fun-stuff. It's pretty much the same here at my location, but I hear there's a $3,000 stipend for a new workstation/laptop/office equipment with VR&E. Seems to vary case to case. I've briefly looked into and it seems like you're at the hands of a counselor in that program. I'm not fully sold on it yet, but I'd say it's worth checking into if you're majoring in CIS/CS.

• Like 1