Does jagex track mouse movements or mouse clicks?

Tyrion

They most definitely track mouse movements and clicks. I think it's one of the primary ways that they dish out bans. low to mid-tier bots, even a lot of premium scripts don't have randomized mouse movements and they have clear set patterns over a certain period of time. I whole-heartedly believe that if there were advanced features that recorded your human mouse movements while you played and then incorporated them into the bots that it would drastically reduce ban rates. 

I mean just looking at the methods that Jagex can use to differentiate a bot from a human player is finite. It has to be within the way that the game is accessed/played within an account. Mouse movement, time played/day and total time spent playing compared to not playing, xp gained over a period of time, whether your using a form of a mirror client or accessing the game directly via third party software, the activities that are done on your account, etc. 

One of the few things that the actual botter doesn't have control over is the mouse movements within a script. The botter can change the things they bot, determine how long they bot for each day, etc. can all be managed by the botter. However, mouse movement is all up to the scripter. That being said I think that mouse movement randomization and making it more human-like should be a high priority for scripters.

• Like 3

They most definitely track mouse movements and clicks. I think it's one of the primary ways that they dish out bans. low to mid-tier bots, even a lot of premium scripts don't have randomized mouse movements and they have clear set patterns over a certain period of time. I whole-heartedly believe that if there were advanced features that recorded your human mouse movements while you played and then incorporated them into the bots that it would drastically reduce ban rates. 

I mean just looking at the methods that Jagex can use to differentiate a bot from a human player is finite. It has to be within the way that the game is accessed/played within an account. Mouse movement, time played/day and total time spent playing compared to not playing, xp gained over a period of time, whether your using a form of a mirror client or accessing the game directly via third party software, the activities that are done on your account, etc. 

One of the few things that the actual botter doesn't have control over is the mouse movements within a script. The botter can change the things they bot, determine how long they bot for each day, etc. can all be managed by the botter. However, mouse movement is all up to the scripter. That being said I think that mouse movement randomization and making it more human-like should be a high priority for scripters.

Hit the nail on the head. 100% agree.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...