WPI headlines again.. *bang* *bang*

Qubit

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/06/06/college-says-rape-victim-partly-blame/kdx2Wv5c8kHqYniA6a7jTI/story.html

Love the click bait title. Unfortunate for the girl and I hope she is able to move on from such a tragic part in her life. But my school aint do shit wrong. Fuck them PC news outlets trying to say WPI is saying the girl to to blame for her rape. GO GOATS

Just search WPI in facebook search bar and see the comments...

Edited by Qubit

Rodriguez was previously a state police officer in Puerto Rico but was suspended in 2011 after he was convicted of selling bullets to an undercover agent, documents show.

The civil suit alleges that WPI failed to ensure or require proper background checks for security guards. WPI contracted with a local company, Sea Breeze Inc., for the apartments, but there were no terms in the lease relating to security guards, the lawsuit said.

Not taking sides but when you are around cops/firemen/security,etc you generally do feel kinda safe and have this sorta unspoken trust because of their position. Both sides were wrong but you cant say your school didnt do anything wrong.

Rodriguez was previously a state police officer in Puerto Rico but was suspended in 2011 after he was convicted of selling bullets to an undercover agent, documents show.

The civil suit alleges that WPI failed to ensure or require proper background checks for security guards. WPI contracted with a local company, Sea Breeze Inc., for the apartments, but there were no terms in the lease relating to security guards, the lawsuit said.

Not taking sides but when you are around cops/firemen/security,etc you generally do feel kinda safe and have this sorta unspoken trust because of their position. Both sides were wrong but you cant say your school didnt do anything wrong.

How is my school at fault? Our school sets up project sites and has a company make do background checks and other etc.. Should they do background checks on the electricians too?

Edited by Qubit

Did you not read the copy pasta?

I wouldn't compare a security guard to a police officer, fireman, etc.. But furthermore she didn't follow specific rules and warnings the school presented to her. Getting raped is not her fault, but become intoxicated was her fault which can lead to many problems... But I do understand why some should feel that the school should be responsible for the security guards actions although nothing in his past history would predict him to doing such a horrid thing.