APA Sand Crabs

Apaec

15 hours ago, Apaec said:

Gosh that's some insane botting times - careful! (:

Hopefully the script has panned out to be worth the $5, and hopefully the new version will be more intuitive to use when it is released!

Cheers for the kind comments about the Gui. Here's what it looks like after the latter half of today working on it:

UzhYXDF.png

Cheers

Apa

That looks great! I can't fault the current GUI in all honesty, but this looks like a great improvement! 

I've tried to bot it so that I look like someone who works long days and has days off etc so grind it out on those days. I know for a fact I've been reported when I wasn't setting it up correctly before, but **crosses fingers** no banhammer just yet, and the last week I've massively cut down because I can't be bothered with the account! 

The only thing I think it'd be great if you could add (unsure if its possible) - is there a way of you knowing who is botting which spots in which worlds etc, so then when we're using the hop option it doesn't hop to a world already populated? Or could you add a way to select certain worlds first? I've found the bot wants to hop to the most populated worlds, whereas I've had better success in lower population worlds, and AUS worlds too.

1 hour ago, NeedToBot said:

That looks great! I can't fault the current GUI in all honesty, but this looks like a great improvement! 

I've tried to bot it so that I look like someone who works long days and has days off etc so grind it out on those days. I know for a fact I've been reported when I wasn't setting it up correctly before, but **crosses fingers** no banhammer just yet, and the last week I've massively cut down because I can't be bothered with the account! 

The only thing I think it'd be great if you could add (unsure if its possible) - is there a way of you knowing who is botting which spots in which worlds etc, so then when we're using the hop option it doesn't hop to a world already populated? Or could you add a way to select certain worlds first? I've found the bot wants to hop to the most populated worlds, whereas I've had better success in lower population worlds, and AUS worlds too.

Hmm, to answer your question, there's no way that I can think of to determine whether a spot is taken without logging in and checking. As for the worldhopping, it should switch to a random world (i'm not sure if the API allows population to be considered), however i've found that most worlds have a similar popularity since sand crabs is such a busy spot to train. I will see if I can set up some kind of world prioritisation, however i'm not confident of how I would rank which worlds are better than others as of yet!

Cheers

25 minutes ago, 1anter said:

can you make build in breaks where it will run from the sand crabs and log out

This will be coming with the re-write - hopefully some point in the next couple of weeks! (:

12 minutes ago, bankerkrak said:

Still enjoying it very much, also very interested in the next version. Keep it up!

Thanks for showing interest! (:

The UI is almost finished, however I have yet to start work on the core function of the script. Here's the ui as it stands at the moment - I am currently working on implementing the loading/saving system. Once I have that in place, and the UI can reliably provide the data I need to configure the script session, I will start working on the actual game interaction stuff.

ahKeG2K.png

• Like 1

*Quick progress update*

I have just finished working on the script for today. Since writing a reliable script from scratch is no easy task, i've still got a long way to go - here's where i'm at! I've finished the UI (see picture in above post). The  new UI allows you to select your location overlayed on the map. I did it this way since a few users expressed concerns that they found it difficult to tell whether they had configured the script with the correct spot. Secondly, the ui now features an inventory configuration panel which allows you to visualise what your inventory may look like for your trips. This will firstly help prevent users over-configuring for their inventories, but also allows other features such as weighted potion distributions (perhaps 1 attack potion per 3 str potions for example) and visual accountance for placeholders like the 10k for crab claw isle.

The ui also has all session options placed in a single panel so that you can be sure you haven't missed a setting. All the previous settings should be found there, such as heal percentage, ammo looting, world hopping etc.

As before, the ui also has a save feature which automatically loads the saved configuration from your file system. You can save a configuration at any point and it will remember it for next time. I didn't want to introduce full loading/saving capabilities as I did not want to over-complicate the set up too much, however I have the back-end in place such that if I ever wanted to add a file system explorer for loading/saving, it would not be too difficult. I may implement it if there is sufficient demand in the future.

Hopefully this new UI will be easier to navigate and I certainly think it is more attractive than before! For now, I will start working on the function of the script over the coming week and ensure a sufficient level of QA before I release this new version publicly. As usual, I will post a quick summary of my progress when I next work on the script.

Cheers!

Apa(:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, idodew1 said:

interested in buying this but would like to try a free trial first. please let me know :)

Sure, just given you a 24h trial. Enjoy!(: And don't forget that in a week/couple of weeks I hope to have the re-write released so it will be a whole new (and much improved) script for then!

Cheers

Apa

5 minutes ago, Pali said:

What new features will there be in rewrite? Other then new GUI and core improvements 

It's hard to say what else will change as it is still a work in progress and there are no new concrete features that i've implemented as of yet, but here's an outline of some of the things i'm considering:

• The main thing that i'm aiming for is superior reliability, such that at no point the script will get stuck and cause player reports
  • Gui will be quicker and easier to set up
  • Backend structure will be nicer and more flexible, so future updates / bug fixes will be easier to work on
  • You will also be able to configure for different potion amounts - currently you can only have equal quantities of potions, but in the new version you could have say 1 str potion and 4 attack potions for a trip.
  • I will also work on adding safe-breaking where the script will head to a safe location and log out before a break starts, and in general the world hopping and crash detection will improve
  • Ammo looting will hopefully also be smarter
  • I may also add a target system to the ui if I have time before release.

Beyond those, i'm not really sure what else I can add so any suggestions are very welcome!

Apa

• Like 1

[Progress update]

Have spent the best part of yesterday and today working on the script. The ui is completely finished and yesterday I implemented the backend for the walking structure, which is based on a network of intersecting paths. Today i've finished the walking system so the script will now reliably navigate the area when needed, and I've also finished banking (using a custom banking system to ensure successful withdrawals and correct script stopping when necessary). I've also implemented healing so the script can now successfully withdraw items, navigate to the spot, heal up and maintain a percentage of hp. The next thing I will be working on is refresh detection, then finally I will work on the more intricate details such as worldhopping, crash detection and ammo looting.

Sorry, no more screenshots just yet! (: soonTM

Edit: I lied, I did some more work today and have finished off refresh detection! The script now performs the basic functions required of it (I still need to gather a lot of pathing data for refreshing, worldhopping and such), however it's very much on track.

Edited by Apaec
  • Like 1