Concerns About the Script Market

Kalispel

Hm. so are you suggesting that scrpit uniqueness is a good way to be successful? and at the same time not steal someone elses market? 

I have felt a little daunted by the number of scripts and feel like it is hard to find something that hasn't been published yet. 

Trouble is, the more unique a script is, the lower the userbase, so the lower the profits.

Is there a reason for this?! Seems ridiculous as it only adds un-needed constraints. If they're worried about these scripts becoming too common they already have that problem at hand...

Consider 10 people using a looting script at the same time. The item spawns would be so slow that the profit would drop dramatically. You cannot release a script and promise high profit rates at the same time as having a high userbase. The method would simply crash!

apa

Off-topic: 

Is working on private servers easier than scripts?

Honestly they are both simple when you start to understand and find your way around things. To make a simple rsps it is just learning your way around the files and knowing where to find stuff. On the other hand there is learning the API for osbot. Starting from scratch on a server is really hard and lengthy.. It really just depends on how much work you want to put into it. I hope that answers your question.

Trouble is, the more unique a script is, the lower the userbase, so the lower the profits.

Consider 10 people using a looting script at the same time. The item spawns would be so slow that the profit would drop dramatically. You cannot release a script and promise high profit rates at the same time as having a high userbase. The method would simply crash!

apa

That makes sense. But what about alching?

Honestly they are both simple when you start to understand and find your way around things. To make a simple rsps it is just learning your way around the files and knowing where to find stuff. On the other hand there is learning the API for osbot. Starting from scratch on a server is really hard and lengthy.. It really just depends on how much work you want to put into it. I hope that answers your question.

That makes sense. But what about alching?

Alching is so simple to script that it would be silly for it to be released as anything other than free. Same for teleporting - it's just spamming a spell.

apa

• Administrator

Below is a list of premium scripts you are not allowed to release at all:

-Looters (eg power fish collector, white berries, wine grabbers)

-Store buyers (eg karambwan, climbing boots)

-Simple magic casting (teleporting, alching, stunning)

-Merchers

-Dueling scripts (eg stats look-up, staking, pking, combat helpers)

Below is a list of scripts not permitted on the SDN:

-Free AIO resource scripts (eg woodcutting, fishing, mining)

I personally would love to make a pking script, or mercher, but If I can't release it to store Its not worth my time.

Those rules are far beyond expired in my opinion, a simple thread in the script dev section asking questions to eric/alek about the mercher/pking script would be easy enough

• Like 2