Serious question: who else here has quit runescape? I need some advice

NoahTheWeebWolf

Just do what makes you happy mate, if you're planning to play another game so you can forget about Runescape that's just stupid imo. You will still be wasting the same time but its just another game..

If you actually want to get rid of being an gamer etc  start working in real. Get a job wich gets you tired and pays a little above average. Trust me; once you get the hang of it the only thing you will do is school-work-sleep. Not because you want to but you have too. You don't need a social personality to do this; just the discipline to work hard and wake up early in the morning or work in the night.

I quit in early 2014 and started working up to 18 hours a day sometimes (combining 3 jobs). I did that successfully for about a year. However; late 2015 I just started missing Runescape so started playing again like a month ago. Really.. If you've ever been addicted to RS you will always come back; which is fine. Because personally; if I don't play runescape I go outside to clubs and shisha louges and other stupid stuff where I just waste money.

This is my experience on quitting>playing>raging>quiting>playing runescape, maybe you can do something with it :)

Goodluck

• Like 1

If you find it that hard to quit, it's simply an addiction.

The only thing that can save you now is Jesus. Best of luck.

I am here to save you, come to me child

nah but seriously, I quit for a good while, try and not feel guilty about if you do or don't. I don't think you have to delete your osbot account, as this community is much more than just runescape and its always I place you will welcomed back too if you do quit and decide you want to.

Runescape is just a game and an addiction for me, but just like all addictions, I find if you keep yourself busy and find something else to do (pref that you enjoy), you will over time just get over it. 

Just don't do anything drastic as you seem like a great guy, would hate to see things not go well for you man

- ps jesus loves you <3

• Like 1

I like your suggestions but I can already say I wont be getting into scripting(not just because it involves runescape but there're other reasons).

I am saving up to get a ps4 and there are finals I am already preparing for a month in advance so I guess these are the things I will focus on. I did have fun replaying donkey kong country earlier despite the cheap as deaths in that game.

I am glad there're other people out there who have experience with quitting runescape successfully. If over time I really struggle though deleting my OSBot account is going to be my next step(Really going to try not to though because I want to continue advertising for you and I put far too much effort in my reputation here to just vanish). Like I said though if I did get my account deleted(where there's not even a sign it ever even existed aside from memory) no scam quits will happen... I am not an asshole scammer after all.

Well I didn't really quit runescape ... still daily on it for my scripts, but I don't really care anymore about the game.

This game in my life for 12 years now and it will always be a part until dead divides us :D

Enjoy dat ps4 ;)

Khaleesi

• Like 1

• Administrator

Get an xbox one for starts, then you don't need to quit. If you enjoy playing play, if not quit. I get told all the time to quit playing games, why??? What else would I be doing if I wasn't playing games, watching tv, reading a book? There is only so much you can do before you get bored, so why not just start another account or buy a low level starter main and play. IF you don't find it fun anymore, find another game you do. I've been playing runescape since 2001.

• Like 1

It's impossible to quit RS.

I've been banned many times, on my maxed out main, on my side accounts, yet I still keep coming back.

There was a period of 1 to 2 years where I didn't really play, but I would still be tied to RS through twitch or through YouTube.

Now, because of OSBot, my tie is even greater to RS, even though I do not legitimately play.

If it's not interfering, maybe it is okay to stay a part of the OSBot community?

• Like 1

Get an xbox one for starts, then you don't need to quit. If you enjoy playing play, if not quit. I get told all the time to quit playing games, why??? What else would I be doing if I wasn't playing games, watching tv, reading a book? There is only so much you can do before you get bored, so why not just start another account or buy a low level starter main and play. IF you don't find it fun anymore, find another game you do. I've been playing runescape since 2001.

I planned on getting a ps4 specifically because plenty of games that are coming out that I want are exclusive to the ps4.

Runescape is very addictive for me, and I can't risk getting sucked into another scam again. It won't be as fun without my main either so it's not like I want to/am able to go back I just get a weird feeling every time I see something rs related now and want to cope with it. I am never going to give up playing video games, but runescape is an expensive/addictive game for me and having let go has had many positive effects over the past few days since I quit.

Admittedly, it's hard to feel perfectly happy because I am dealing with this hard ass final paper for the term. I can't afford to fail after coming this far and it's stressful having less than 3 days to come out with this paper. I am sure I will get through it just fine but it's been a difficult time and it's going to be a rough next few days.

I think once the paper is done I won't be so bothered about runescape at that point. I think I am more upset about the paper than runescape withdrawal.

It's impossible to quit RS.

I've been banned many times, on my maxed out main, on my side accounts, yet I still keep coming back.

There was a period of 1 to 2 years where I didn't really play, but I would still be tied to RS through twitch or through YouTube.

Now, because of OSBot, my tie is even greater to RS, even though I do not legitimately play.

If it's not interfering, maybe it is okay to stay a part of the OSBot community?

Going back to Rs is just not a good/practical option for me at this point and I am fine.

I am just going through a lot with this final paper. After that I am just going to chill out,save up for a ps4 and prepare for finals.

I might even go out and celebrate thanksgiving if I feel like it.

• Like 1

I've quit RS for some time now, what's the deal? I like the community so I stick around. 

If you're addicted to OSBot you can get your account deleted yeah, but why tho

I am not addicted to OSBot, just trying to figure out how to cope with no longer playing rs and being on OSBot, which has a lot to do with rs.

The final paper I mentioned earlier is going extremely well so I think I am going to be fine, but that is probably why I got so nervous about runescape because I quit at around the same time, the paper got more difficult. Once I finish this paper tomorrow I am sure I will feel much better.