Looking for help against game stuttering

The Hero of Time

So when i play the game, the first match always stutters VERY badly, the second match a little less and in other matches it randomly stutters.

example of stuttering:  

50a7e61dfd8d47ea751bd7b32b581dd2.gif

I have set all settings on low and I have the latest AMD Radeon 7700 driver.

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7700

Processor: AMD fx 8120 8-core processor

Yes, i need to buy a new video card, probably going to buy a gtx970 though its pretty expensive, future proof though.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Without knowing too much, its either the CPU or GPU if I had to guess.

- If its the GPU, try lowering the settings to the absolute lowest possible (potato level). If it runs smooth, its *probably* the GPU with a few exceptions.

- If you can go to Task Manager and see the process is maxing out (would depend on the # of cores it can use).

I don't think its the HDD/SSD or RAM as you said it happens consistently throughout the match. Honestly, i think its just a new game and your hardware is a little old, there will probably be a game/driver update soon that fixes these issues.

For now, can try the AMD beta drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

EDIT: "The GTX 980 Ti, with its 6 GB video memory, was developing a noticeable stutter." - This should tell you all you need to know LOL (appears they want lots of RAM, an update will prob fix this issue) (source)

Edited by Lemons

I highlighted the issue.

Get nVidia geforce mate

amd isn't bad. my processor is pretty good

Without knowing too much, its either the CPU or GPU if I had to guess.

- If its the GPU, try lowering the settings to the absolute lowest possible (potato level). If it runs smooth, its *probably* the GPU with a few exceptions.

- If you can go to Task Manager and see the process is maxing out (would depend on the # of cores it can use).

I don't think its the HDD/SSD or RAM as you said it happens consistently throughout the match. Honestly, i think its just a new game and your hardware is a little old, there will probably be a game/driver update soon that fixes these issues.

For now, can try the AMD beta drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

EDIT: "The GTX 980 Ti, with its 6 GB video memory, was developing a noticeable stutter." - This should tell you all you need to know LOL (appears they want lots of RAM, an update will prob fix this issue) (source)

i already set everything to the lowest 

i have 8GB ram, how the hell is that not enough? :huh:

Click the source link I gave, said they had to up it to 16GB to make it smooth :\ Its just bad memory handling imo, it'll be fixed in a patch.

read it and wtf man.. i talked to some ppl in-game and they werent having any issues, no way they had specs that big 

Click the source link I gave, said they had to up it to 16GB to make it smooth :\ Its just bad memory handling imo, it'll be fixed in a patch.

so i went to the reddit thread about the link you gave

f24a341b9b.png

It's a cpu problem apparently. I made this tutorial yesterday and the fix worked for me but now this doesn't work because I can't seem to find the thread count part in the notepad (You will know what I'm talking about if you watch the video).

Hours after I made the video, treyarch/activision removed the thread count part of the notepad. This means they are working on the problem and It should be fixed very soon. Also, whats your steam? Me and muffins got the game, we can play together.

Edited by Keven

Phew! it looks like its running smooth now

• Installed AMD beta drivers(optimized black ops 3)
  • Disabled flux
  • Put all settings on low
  • Closed all other running applications like browser etc

Let's hope it won't come back and that i can enjoy BO3 without stuttering

It's a cpu problem apparently. I made this tutorial yesterday and the fix worked for me but now this doesn't work because I can't seem to find the thread count part in the notepad (You will know what I'm talking about if you watch the video).

Hours after I made the video, treyarch/activision removed the thread count part of the notepad. This means they are working on the problem and It should be fixed very soon. Also, whats your steam? Me and muffins got the game, we can play together.

they already fixed that in the patch.

pm'd you my steam

Edited by The Hero of Time