Who here is from Yahoo Answers/Familiar with it?

NoahTheWeebWolf

The year was March 2012... I just turned 18 six months prior and had nothing else to do until I began college later that September. I didn't have any friends from high school nor from before and I was bored as fuck trying to have a good time... Through my sheer boredom I discovered the strange microcosm of the universe known as "Yahoo Answers." As a whole, the site was pretty ordinary but their was one section of the site that was where the real shit went down known as Polls & Surveys (aka Trolls & Surveys). P&S man... it's like... A ghetto neighborhood within a ghetto neighborhood...  Except it's just a bunch of teens/young adults bored with their lives and shit posting/asking for random advice. 

I used to be known as "Noah The White Knight" and let me tell you something... I got banned SO MUCH! I think I got must have gotten banned about 100 times(2nd to one of the most well known users who got banned 135+ times Samantha is Closer To The Edge). Sadly, we haven't spoken in a year and eight months since she got banned again. I haven't been on Yahoo answers seriously for almost just as long as all my good friends either got banned/vanished(some might have killed themselves too since some were suicidal). That and the incompetent admins destroyed the good simple green layout with this purple monstrosity (aka the Purple Plauge).

Those were some crazy/fun days, I was just wondering if anyone else was there too during that time.

The site was pretty poorly run though they didn't even have any mods so reports were run on an honor system and infractions applied harshly via  a computer program. I also had a stalker  who really didn't like me so he and the reporter trolls got me a lot.

OSBot is pretty dope too and I have made some good friends. Fortunately we have a good staff team that handles the reports personally and don't let some machine handle it haphazardly.

Whether or not you're from Yahoo Answers even if you are from other forums where you had good experiences(not bot related) please feel free to share your experiences =).

Edited by NoahTheWisewolf
  • Like 1

God bless Yahoo answers. It had all the answers to one of my maths units. Well people from my subject posted the questions on there :P

How to solve a problem.

-Look at the question.

-Copy the question.

-Paste into google

-If that doesn't work, remove the numbers.

-A similar question appears.

Yahoo has really gotten me through some tough times <3

• Like 1

God bless Yahoo answers. It had all the answers to one of my maths units. Well people from my subject posted the questions on there tongue.png

How to solve a problem.

-Look at the question.

-Copy the question.

-Paste into google

-If that doesn't work, remove the numbers.

-A similar question appears.

Yahoo has really gotten me through some tough times QwPha8E.png

Damn straight.

Yahoo answers saved my ass through the three accounting courses I had to take in my undergraduate studies.

Shit those top contributors in the Accounting section... They hated my guts after that year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...