APA Gilded Altar

Apaec

On 16-10-2017 at 12:28 PM, Apaec said:

Just a super quick status update,

I've been very busy at the moment doing some contractor work but I found the time today to have a quick look at the (work in progress) script re-write.

The structure is pretty much there so I just need to gather some game data (Areas, paths, positions etc), and once that's done the script should be ready to go. I will do a bit more work on the script today while I have the time, but there's still quite a way to go. I'm structuring the script to maximise both reliability and flexibility - something that isn't really that easy to do - I'm also doing it in such a way that in the future it will be easy to add new routes to the bank and new methods of banking (e.g phials).

Cheers

Apa

Appreciate the hard work!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple quick critiques:

• It right clicks the portal even when you're starting at a very low prayer (so when you're still gaining a prayer level every few bones it's right clicking the portal and then having to go back and use the bones on the altar looking very strange as it'll do this like 10 times an inventory...)
  • Doesn't recharge run energy at ornate pool

That's it! Besides that it's another flawless beautiful script! <3 

Edited by purplewatilla

1 hour ago, purplewatilla said:

A couple quick critiques:

• It right clicks the portal even when you're starting at a very low prayer (so when you're still gaining a prayer level every few bones it's right clicking the portal and then having to go back and use the bones on the altar looking very strange as it'll do this like 10 times an inventory...)
  • Doesn't recharge run energy at ornate pool

That's it! Besides that it's another flawless beautiful script! <3 

Script is long without an update, I am working on a re-write in my very limited free time. Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, purplewatilla said:

Also spaces are interpreted as under scores for some reason when typing names...

Yeah; I think when I wrote the script it was the case that you couldn't type spaces into the 'enter name' field when entering a house. Not sure whether this is still true? Either way, if it gets to the right house then there's no problem!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marcus24 said:

Umm, just wondering, how long would it actually take for you to rewrite the thing?

It's not a fast process, in total I would say 15 hours of work to do a good job. I've got a few hours in but recently have been very busy maintaining other scripts and working on other projects. I still fit some time in when I can, but I cannot give an ETA as it depends on a large number of things, many of which are out of my control! 

Apa

• Like 1