For college students, how often do you find yourself studying per day on average?

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours phaggot?

• less than 1
    • 1-2
    • 2-3
    • 3-4
    • 4-5
    • anything else n u lying bro

Never been to college, but I study a lot, and I feel it has more to do with how you use your time, rather than how much time you put in. It would probably be better to ask for study tips.

I like knowledge, so I do personal studies (consider me a nerd). Through my studies, I have came up with a few tricks to decrease the amount of time I spend in a subject, while still learning a vast majority of it, which I'm sure that's something you'd be more interested in knowing wink.png First thing you gotta do is realize a few things:

1. Chances are, you are learning from a book, and article, yt video or a teacher. In each of those cases, the lesson being taught was created by a person's (or group of people) opinion on what they find to be a good teaching strategy. A lot of the times, this strategy is targeted towards a large audience. Not everyone is the same, so you might not understand the same as others.

2. College courses are built off a pre-defined syllabus. Although (may) they teach the material you need to learn, they might not teach it at a time you're interested in learning it. If you are not interested in a subject, it becomes a chore. There are times where you need to find a way to gain interest in a subject to keep up with the syllabus.

3. Not all courses require the same understanding. Believe it or not, there are teachers who will not accept a general understanding, rather than the specific understanding they gave in class. There's really nothing you can do about this. Some teachers can be dicks, so although independent studies may progress you quicker, you may still need to recite what teachers have mentioned, so watch out. This goes for those lazy bugs who goof off in class, yet study on their own time.

4. There is a line between knowing and understanding. Some subjects have a multitude of subjects tied into it, which you are required to understand in order to learn the subject at hand. Understanding the context of your problem could simplify your problem. If you feel you don't fully understand something, go back and study, or you'll have gaps that'll affect future studies.

5. Your teacher should teach you everything you need to know. Become friends with the teacher, ask for his email and keep in contact, and make sure you pass.

As I said before, I've never been to a physical college, but Coursera offers free online college courses, which is how I've came to realize most of the things I stated above. I really believe independent studies, along with a mentoring, is the best way to achieve knowledge. So, now for those tips..

1. Skim first. Some subjects require you to learn multiple things. One part of a subject may give you a better understanding of another part of a subject. Skim over everything involved in what you need to do, then start with what seems easiest to you. Let it unfold from there.

2. If you don't understand an aspect, move on. After skimming, you will need to start digging into topics. If a topic is too much, move on and see if future topics give an example/better explanation of the situation.

3. Apply what you learn. Practice. If you don't apply your knowledge, you'll end up forgetting quite a bit about it. At least once a day, apply what you need to know. Burn it into your brain.

4. Pick everyone's brain. You might have a friend who understood it enough to explain it to you in a way you'll understand. If you don't have friends who understand, start making friends with smarter people..

5. Sleep is good for learning. It basically de-fragments your brain. If you find yourself not getting enough sleep, fix that.

6. YT, Google, Wiki, then ask. So many ways to get information. If you don't understand something, ask. Chances are, there's an easier way to understand what you are trying to learn.

Hope these tips help in your studies. Keep in mind, these are based on my experiences, so don't take it as complete fact; they are just things I seemed to have realized over the years.

Edited by fixthissite