Flawless Scripts - Lumbridge Cows [Death walk] [Email Updates] [Conversations with players] [Buries bones] [Random path variations] [Robust combat]

Normangorman

wzKQf3X.png

Thanks for checking out my script! Because this is my first public script, I am counting it as learning experience - and also making it free and open source. Whilst there are many AIO combat scripts and indeed cow killing scripts out there already, I think this one has some nice features that set it apart.

Jar download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80523064/OSBot/FlawlessLumbridgeCows.jar

Source code: https://github.com/Normangorman/flawlesslumbridgecows

Features:

• Efficient and robust combat system which always selects the nearest cow that is not in combat.
  • Supports both the eastern and western Lumbridge cow fields, and will randomly alternate between them.
  • Randomizes the paths taken when walking to fields.
  • Capable of sending you email updates with the progress that has been made (including information such as the amount of xp gained). This is great if you are going out and want to keep track of how the script is doing.
  • Detects when someone is talking to you by scanning messages for your username or parts of your username. 
  • Starts up conversations with other players periodically using Cleverbot to generate messages. Conversations are aborted if the target moves away or does not respond. Chat logs are emailed to you (because they tend to be very funny).
  • If someone attempts to trade with you then their offer will be politely declined.
  • Picks up bones from cows that are killed and buries them when your inventory is full.
  • Stat level goals can be set and the script will stop training that skill when the goal is met.
  • Lots of error checks -  if something goes wrong for any reason (e.g. you walk out of the field for a moment and someone shuts the gate) then the problem will be resolved and everything will be back on track in no time.

Usage instructions:

• Start the script in either of the cow fields or anywhere around Lumbridge.
  • I have only tested the email update functionality using GMail. If you use a different email provider then you need to find out the provider's SMTP host and port details. You may also need to give permission for the application to access your email account (you certainly do with GMail). Don't be worried about putting in your email address and password - nothing shady is going on. Read the source code on Github using the link above if it bothers you.
  • The "Username aliases" section in the config are parts of your username that another player might use to identify you. E.g. If your name is "BobSlayer1" then someone might called you "bob" or "slayer" so you should enter these as aliases. They will be used to assess whether someone is talking to you.

Gallery:

5 hour progress screen

UUs2MS4.png

Sleek user interface

IglU6dq.png

Email update

us3M0aw.png

Responding to someone starting a conversation

YHa1mcV.png

Politely declining a trade offer

8g33yxm.png

If you have any comments, tips or bug reports then I would love to hear them! Just leave a post and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Hopefully this script will be available on the SDN in the near future.

• Like 3

While it is a good idea for a conversation bot, Cleverbot shouldn't be used because it has public access for people to screw around with it.

What you need to do is create a "web" of conversations you've seen in OSRS, and then create aliases/synonyms and when someone speaks to you the web may have a similar message so you can get a similar response. That way, you don't have the burden of Cleverbot (although a good idea), and you still have a smart system.

Otherwise, good job!

I find it hilarious how it chats with random players and uses the same template & also writes there full IGN's. This seems risky because it can be easily identified as a bot if you are killing cows and saying "Hi" to everyone and if they reply you say something like "Your funny".

Actually it doesn't use the same template for greetings, there is a selection that it randomly chooses from. The screenshot in the post just happens to feature the same template chosen twice in a row. You're right though, it is risky because the standard of the conversations can vary a lot. I had this one recently which was pretty funny, and also fairly human like:

Me: Hi X.
X: Hello.
Me: Hi.
X: What's up.
Me: Nothing, you?
X: Just getting some levels.
Me: Getting what?
X: Strength.
Me: Well in life you must learn to over come trails by believing that you will make it.
X: Im too high for that much
Me: I don't think s.

Then again, you get the occasional awful one like this:

X: Norma are u obby maulker?
Me: I agree.
X: So obby maulers are not 28lv anymore??
Me: I was never Roboton...
X: With 60str
Me: Your best friend. 

Your point about using people's full names just gave me an idea. Perhaps it could attempt to split up people's names into sub-names (so "DingleBert3" becomes "dingle" and "bert") and then use those instead. I'll definitely try and implement this :)

While it is a good idea for a conversation bot, Cleverbot shouldn't be used because it has public access for people to screw around with it.

What you need to do is create a "web" of conversations you've seen in OSRS, and then create aliases/synonyms and when someone speaks to you the web may have a similar message so you can get a similar response. That way, you don't have the burden of Cleverbot (although a good idea), and you still have a smart system.

Otherwise, good job!

An interesting idea definitely! Have you heard of the concept of neural networks? Because what you're suggesting is basically the same principle. Actually implementing this would be seriously hard, partly because you would need to gather a large amount of input data. It wouldn't be hard to gather a large amount of chat messages but gathering logs of people's conversations is basically impossible because the bot would need a near-human level of language understanding to be able to tell when two people are in conversation. If you can't gather conversations then the bot will be able to say runescape-esque things like "buying gf" or "selling lobs 300ea cause i'm an extortionate mf" but won't have any clue how to respond to people in a sensible way.

tl;dr Your suggestion is great but would probably take a team of AI professors to implement.

• Like 1