An open letter to OSBot.

Epsilon

It has recently come to my attention that often individuals who have scammed within the botting community are often forgiven to some extent, whether this is by being branded by TWC, or entirely excused of their actions. This forgiveness has often resulted in further scamming by said individuals. For this reason I believe that a dispute registry would be effective in reducing the abundance of these happenings. Individuals would be able to access all disputes for a particular user, aiding in their decision of whether to trust a user or not.

For the safety of the community I believe that this is vital. It is with a heavy heart that often people are mislead by certain usergroups. People trust others such as Chat Box Assistants or Super-moderators or even Admins due to their position within the community, often to be mislead and scammed. 

I understand that this will most likely to be disliked by a lot of staff, but it is not them who I am interested in. I care for the needs of the community, and I believe that this implementation would benefit the community massively.

tldr: Let people see who has scammed and who has not.

Edited by Epsilon
  • Like 20

I'd rather those who scam just be banned instead of getting TWC or excused completely.

I've seen this forgiveness on other sites and it does lead to further scams. It's basically like their saying, "You can scam but we will give you a little sticker and a slap on the hand but your free to continue being a part of our community and pay for our services."

That's a little exaggerated but still, I just don't really like it.

I would like to see all the disputes and search through them. Would help get rid of some misleading things.

Support.

• Like 2